Breakdown cover

reb78

Just got a letter from ADAC. All in German. I think it's asking for more money, but I'm not sure why as I paid the fee over the phone by credit card when I joined and have had no cause to call them out or anything.

Can anyone translate?

285FA144-4416-4A6B-8AA7-CF3FBC50E600_zps

Google translate leads to the same conclusion, with the addition that you can pay via an International Money Order.

The PS advises you to ignore the letter if you have 'just' paid.

Looks like it's time to use your online banking facility, or while away the time waiting for a Call Centre operator to become free.

HTH

Says they have not recieved payment yet and you should pay ASAP. If you have recently paid then please ignore the letter. If the money left your account on the 22nd Jan I suggest you ring them and check they have received it since no international transaction should take more than a couple of days to show up

Just after i took out membership, i found out that Nationwide would offer the same level of cover as part of a flex plus account. That costs £10 a month but also includes phone insurance, worldwide travel insurance and better interest rates on certain balances. If this membership falls through because they've buggered up the payments, then that's what i will be doing and i will definitely be doing it next year. Worth checking out (i think Ed mentioned it earlier, but i didn't realise Nationwide did it till too late! Doh!)

This is annoying. They are claiming that i haven't paid and asking for payment again but i can see on my CC statement when the money was taken by them! The exact amount they are asking for went off of my CC on 22 Jan.

Ask your card issuer to email/post a statement so you cam verify. I feel your pain having paid my insurance ysing internet banking an getting a letter from the RDW (DVLA/VOSA to most of you here) telling me my car was not insured!! Couple of irate calls and an email later all was resolved.

Thanks Nigel. I've sent them a copy of a screenshot from my statement that includes the payment to them. I'm trying to do it by email as much as possible as the cost of calls to Germany will soon negate the good price of membership otherwise!