the BBC again

pugwash

A sad story and condolences to the girls family

Problem is it's a fact they were killed by a four wheel drive vehicle - the Discovery is of course a 4x4, however if they had been hit by 4 wheel drive Subaru the 4X4 bit wouldn't have even been mentioned (in fact the average idiot who works as a resporter for the BBC won't even realise many Scoobys are four wheel drive and what about the VW Golf imotion)

The inference of the article is that had they been hit by any other vehicle they may not have been killed - yes a Disco is a big heavy flat fronted vehicle but then so is a Transit Van or a bus.

Just another case I'm afraid of the BBC pandering to the anti 4X4 zealots, this sort of amateurish flawed reporting is meat and drink to the anti's - I feel a letter to the DG coming on.....

we give them £100 a year? i thought you lot paid more than that? i dont pay a penny. i gave my tv away as i was sick of the rubbish it always shows, gave me room for another bookcase as well.

i see nothing wrong with the article, they often say what car/s where involved in crashes. the problem is the headline suggests the accident is caused by the car being 4x4.

suggest you use the contact us link and complain as I just did.

The piece is slanted with a viewpoint, the 4x4 has no bearing on the incident from the facts given and I have pointed out that reporting such as that is not news it is propaganda.

Perhaps getting all those on the forum and the others to complain everytime this happens will make some difference.

Mr Angry of Fareham

think ive seen/heard of that report too Bill, didnt it also say a higher car causes more injuries to kids though?

mind you, teach the buggers how to cross a road & they wouldnt get hit to start with. about time the predestian was to blame for accidents they cause.

Guest diesel_jim
think ive seen/heard of that report too Bill, didnt it also say a higher car causes more injuries to kids though?

mind you, teach the buggers how to cross a road & they wouldnt get hit to start with. about time the predestian was to blame for accidents they cause.

hear hear......

I've heard that if you're not stood in a road in the first place, then it doesn't matter what drives down the road at whatever speed... you'll be OK!

What about the fact that when a car runs over someone if the car can't stop quick enough the person get dragged down the road by the car which is horific to say the least but a 4x4 drive over them and yes the injuries are massive but there not dragged down the road under it are they....