Reducing roll in a 3-Link on road???

SteveG

So what's the best way to have the flexibility of a 3-Link off-road, but stiffen it up on-road to reduce roll in corners??

Is it to fit an anti-roll bar with dislocating mounts? Or is there an alternative?

A 3-Link is something I'd like to do in 07, and slighty stiffen a 3-Link set-up for on-road. I've plenty of experience driving a 3-Link on-road and in my view with the right springs it doesn't need much work to make it ok.

Cheers

Steve

Won't raising the roll centre give more weight transfer on the axle (ie you'll have less grip, but you'll feel less alarmed...) ?

That probably would be the case if you went a long way up, but I dont see a problem going up a couple of inches so that the front roll centre is closer to the rear roll centre. The rear RC on a standard vehicle is some 5'' higher than the front.

Bill.

Steve, the previous thread on 3 links and alternatives had a new system called X-link, you can lock this up for road or release for 3-link equivalent travel, only been done in Oz as far as I know.

Andy

I will be doing something simerlar in due course.

Whats the latest on the build then Will ?

Last pics were a while ago now in the "Not a 10 day build" thread.....anything to bring it up to date as to whats been done since ?

Post up PICS :D

Nige

Nige, I've been soooo busy I've not even seen the truck in the last month. Not a happy bunny :angry: