Help Required From TD5 Owners

Recently bought bulkhead soundproofing and retaining plates for TD5.

However i cant for the life of me see how these retaining plates fit. I have checked bulkhead for corresponding holes in bulkhead for screws but there arent any?

Also, am i missing any other fixings etc?

post-4644-0-76566400-1426362703_thumb.jpg

post-4644-0-98743600-1426362714_thumb.jpg

They go on the inside.

Remove the entire existing moulded inner rubberized floor-mat thingy from the footwells, round the gearlevers and the transmission-tunnel. Then fit your kit and put the footwells/tunnel-moulding back on top.

Truth is, it doesn't make much difference to the noise level; I'm of the 'valve-bounce-to-victory' driving-style and find the rev-limiter the best guide to when you need to go for the next-gear-up.

They go on the inside.

Remove the entire existing moulded inner rubberized floor-mat thingy from the footwells, round the gearlevers and the transmission-tunnel. Then fit your kit and put the footwells/tunnel-moulding back on top.

Truth is, it doesn't make much difference to the noise level; I'm of the 'valve-bounce-to-victory' driving-style and find the rev-limiter the best guide to when you need to go for the next-gear-up.

I know they go on the inside :) Just couldnt see where the retaining plates fit. I will also be using a Wright Offroad moulded matting set which will probably be a little better. Every little adds up right. ;)

If it's not clarified this evening - I can take a picture for you sometime tomorrow ?

That would be very helpful. Thanks. :)

but.... the insulation around the pedals and on the passenger side above the feet always ends up sagging, so might be a plan to put a few self tappers in with large washers, then you don't get the pregnant sow look after 2 years.

when the sag gets really bad it even slips out of those retaining plates and becomes a spare cubby hole!!

Thanks guys. I see where they go now! :)

Mav, i dont suppose you know the part numbers to the missing retaining plates? You see the reason i have found this to be a problem is that neither Ralph or myself have been able to find a diagram or part numbers for these parts for some reason...

Still im on the right track now.