Aerial Replacement

Hey all,

New to the forum. Hope someone can assist.

Having to replace my aerial on my '06 TDI (old style dash) and don't have the luxury of taping the old and new together to pull through the rubber seal in the engine bay.

I've seen a couple of posts that mention having to strip out the dash. Is this the case or can I drill a new hole somewhere else and fit a new rubber seal along with the aerial?

If I do have to rip out the dash, what would you say the best way to do so would be?

Aerial is fitted to the front wing.

Thanks,

Kev

Getting the cable to behind the speedo is easy, it's then getting it along behind the middle of the dash to the centre which is more difficult.

That is if you want to run it down the factory routing behind the plastic bits of course, most people will just run the cable along by laying it in the back of the dash tray to save pulling it all out.

Apologies for the thread hijack, does anybody have any recommendations for a replacement aerial?

Mine (powered telescopic one) had a slight argument with a wind blown tree and got bent, so now doesn't fully retract and the signal reception is lousy. Is it worth sticking an angled one on the top of the roof like most cars have, or is there a good option for wing-mounted ones? The powered/telescopic feature was useful but I'm happy to just have a fixed springy aerial instead if that's a more durable option.

Just replaced my old metal telescopic one with the small flexible rubber type has a ball joint to angle it if need be then tighten in possition 6-8 quid off the bay and does the job

got one of those, but on the roof, came from Halfords IIRC,

Apologies for the thread hijack, does anybody have any recommendations for a replacement aerial?

Mine (powered telescopic one) had a slight argument with a wind blown tree and got bent, so now doesn't fully retract and the signal reception is lousy. Is it worth sticking an angled one on the top of the roof like most cars have, or is there a good option for wing-mounted ones? The powered/telescopic feature was useful but I'm happy to just have a fixed springy aerial instead if that's a more durable option.

I replaced my aluminium for a rubber one form Halfords. Was a tenner. Looks good too.

Re dab radio. Yip, I've bought a new radio and the aerial is fitted to the top left of my windscreen. Has a great reception, but at times can drop out. There's in input for an analogue aerial, so I thought I'd fit both.

Cheers though.