Heatshrink Connectors

need4speed

Looking for something similar to this but for 8mm cable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-4-3mm-RED-HEAT-SHRINK-RING-CONNECTOR-HEATSHRINK-CRIMP-TERMINAL-OTHERS-LISTED-/141013523344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20d50f9b90

Had a look at the usual places like vwp, pole-volt etc but no joy..

Maybe don't exist :(

I wouldnt bother with these. When you crimp them it cuts the heatshrink and it splits when you shrink it or later.

Just use uninsulated crimps and separate heatshrink, preferable adhesive-lined as it is waterproof and provides mechaniical support.

8mm2 is not a 'usual' size, but that comes out at between 10 and 12 AWG

The thing that doesnt match up with what you are doing - Is that the cable has a greater current carrying capacity than the bolt you are fixing it to. You may end up overheating the connection or burning out the crimp.

This is why it may be impossible to find a crimp of that configuration.

I wouldnt bother with these. When you crimp them it cuts the heatshrink and it splits when you shrink it or later.

Just use uninsulated crimps and separate heatshrink, preferable adhesive-lined as it is waterproof and provides mechaniical support.

which type of crimper are you using?

i use one of these, the only connectors i use nowadays are these heatshrink terminals (i think they are the dogs danglies), never have a problem with the insulation at all!

I have never found any insulated heatshrink terminals over yellow size anyway, anything larger i use uninsulated terminals and then heatshrink them myself.

8mm2 is not a 'usual' size, but that comes out at between 10 and 12 AWG

The thing that doesnt match up with what you are doing - Is that the cable has a greater current carrying capacity than the bolt you are fixing it to. You may end up overheating the connection or burning out the crimp.

This is why it may be impossible to find a crimp of that configuration.

I was wondering this too, isnt the wire size a little large for an M4 stud?