300 Tdi - Engine Part(s) Missing?

Hi Folks,

New to this forum and Land Rover in general - please be gentle.

In the process of purchasing a Defender 110 300Tdi

Took a picture of the engine and when got home notice something which made me wonder whether there is something missing and/or retro fitted and subsequently removed. See the cut clip highlighted on the image and compared to a picture from a Land Rover Wiki.

Any other thoughts/observations welcome too.

Thanks,

Simon...

post-108632-0-82955700-1441796839_thumb.jpg

post-108632-0-72831700-1441796848_thumb.jpg

or maybe an early 300tdi and it never had one fitted - like mine!

The first pic of the defender engine - where the red circle is I think is where the metal turbo-intercooler pipe runs on mine. I can get a pic for you later for confirmation if you like?

or maybe an early 300tdi and it never had one fitted - like mine!

The first pic of the defender engine - where the red circle is I think is where the metal turbo-intercooler pipe runs on mine. I can get a pic for you later for confirmation if you like?

Hi Folks. Thanks for getting back so promptly. Have looked at EGR removal on this forum and this has helped to piece my puzzle.

A photo for your defender engine would be much appreciated. Keen really to understand what purpose the cut clipping was for in the defender photo.

Would turbo-intercoolers be standard on the 300tdi?

Simon...

here's a couple of shots of mine, though looking at your engine bay photo I'm guessing that the lower metal turbo-intercooler pipe is there, just hidden under the upper plastic intercooler-manifold pipe (blue)

Meant to pass on thanks for taking time to post your images the other day....