Additional Heater Vents?

Fitting is easy, from memory there would be plenty of space to put them in and still clear the original heater internal flaps and the rod that connects them.

Quite the opposite - the flaps seal against the steel interior of the lower fascia, immediately above the vents. Any slight protrusion into the fascia duct would prevent the flaps from fully closing.

What would be possible is to site a set of these new vents adjacent tot he existing lower vents (but not above their upper edge as the torque rod will be in the way) and use them independently of the demister/footwell flap control, separately closing the new vents when demist is required and opening them when demist is not needed, but it'd be a mild nuisance for little gain. Early SIIIs had a different lower vent nozzle, a simpler louvre, which may better suit what you want.

Do you not find the puma just super heats your left calf? Or starts melting your welly? It's really rather put me off driving our yard truck :(

I have driven a fair few Pumas and can't really say I rate the HEVAC all that much, yes they warm up better than most td5s but they never seem as good as my 300, I just turn the slow speed on and it takes care of itself pretty much. The slow speed on Pumas seems awfully noisey to me but maybe my hearing just zones in on it more? The side demisters are handy though I keep thinking about fitting some to mine.

One of the best things about my disco truck cab was the vents designed for rear seat passengers circulated warm air up your back and really helped to dry damp shoulders wich I found handy, perhaps some of these would help distribute heat better?

Will.

My wife had a 2009 XS. The heater was great initially in the cold, but even on the lowest fan setting and a medium temperature selection, it'd be stifling. We could never get a setting that worked, so had to keep switching it on and off. So, no, you are not the only one who didn't think much of it. The aircon was good, though. Anyone think the older seats were comfier than the taller Puma type? I couldn't get on with them at all, but found the Defender seats in my 109 absolutely fine...

Quite the opposite - the flaps seal against the steel interior of the lower fascia, immediately above the vents. Any slight protrusion into the fascia duct would prevent the flaps from fully closing.

What would be possible is to site a set of these new vents adjacent tot he existing lower vents (but not above their upper edge as the torque rod will be in the way) and use them independently of the demister/footwell flap control, separately closing the new vents when demist is required and opening them when demist is not needed, but it'd be a mild nuisance for little gain. Early SIIIs had a different lower vent nozzle, a simpler louvre, which may better suit what you want.

Well the assumption was that you'd put them somewhere else where it does clear the vents etc...

Talking more about adding vents rather than replacing the originals.