Rear door play and adjustment

I need to do something with my back door, but need a little help.

There is quite a bit of sideways play in the bottom two hinges - is it still worth trying new pins or does the sideways play point to hinge being ovalled?

I have a wheel carrier - but I've just noticed that as the door comes open all the doorside hinges lift up a bit, with a bit of a clunk. Are the hinges meant to open and lift like that ? Can't say I've looked that closely on any other Defender. I'm sort of wondering if the wheel carrier is pulling it out of alignment.

I've also got a little rattle coming from the latch - if I press it there is a bit of inward movement when it's **** and this seems to translate to a clunk or rattle on potholes. I presume this is a case of adjusting the stop ? Though its best to wait until the hinges are fixed I would think.

Well for a fiver and an hours work I thought it was well worth trying.

As it is the new balls and pins have taken out a lot of slack, it's not as good as it would have been when it was new thirty years ago, but I bet it's a damn sight better than new pattern part hinges, and a lot cheaper :)

Mine don't. The ball sits in the cup and it's all horizontal.

I used a replacement pin kit with new balls and springs and it has made a huge difference - been on for a year. I bought of the bay and tried to find a "good" quality set. It's been fine since.