County questions....

muddy

After abit of a debate at work today I was wondering if you lot can help me out, mainly on 90/110s although I realise you could get a county series.

Has 'county' always been a trim level and has it been available on every body configuration?

Even better does anyone have a spec list of what came with a county during what time period?

It started as a diassagreement that you couldn't have a '52 county truck cab 90 and ended with a list of nearly every special edition and variations of cloth seat fabric....

Yes we are sad, yes we should probably be working harder but it's niggling me now!

Cheers, Will.

The 1997 sales catalogue I have here suggests that the County pack was available on hard tops and station wagons. I also have a 1988 specific County catalogue which only features pictures of station wagons.

The 1997 one lists the County pack as containing:

Cloth seats

Tinted glass

Side steps (110 only)

Rear step

Full-length roof liner

Alpine lights

Sunroof

Stereo radio cassette (!)

County stripes

Heated rear window and rear wiper

Body-coloured wheelarch eyebrows

Front mud flaps

My '86 county is a station wagon (I think they all were until some time during 300era), it had folding side steps, brown carpet, brown twill seats, and probably had rostyles when new.

I think county started as a trim level in '82, would this coincide with stage one v8 launch? Perhaps as a way to shift the last few series prior to one ten arrival?

My 1982 sales brochure has a county spec list on the 109V8 page but only has pictures of the full fat station wagon, so can't comment on a 3dr hardtop.. It also shows the 88" county spec with everything that Lewis mentioned bar the rostyles.

my 110CSW is a County too, 1989 model, has all of this ----

Cloth seats
Tinted glass
Side steps (110 only)
Rear step
Full-length roof liner
Alpine lights
Sunroof
Stereo radio cassette (!)
County stripes
Heated rear window and rear wiper
Body-coloured wheelarch eyebrows
Front mud flaps

& on 88/89 models body colour grille & headlight surrounds

Indeed the County trim pack was just available on a station wagon to the first few years, and included the options listed by Western and Retroanaconda.

Later on it became available on commercial hard top models too.

My old 1986 V8 90 was a hard top, but I think the original owner spec'd it up to County level prior to it being an official hard top offering. Cloth seats, head lining, HRW/RWW, high Range Rover spec stereo. Power steering was also optional back then too!