Small shallow aftermarket steering wheel options?

I've just finished adding PAS to my Series, it's a Defender column and p38a box.

I need a new steering wheel for it. Currently I'm using one off my old 200Tdi Disco, as it fitted (standard S3 wrong spline count). I believe the Series column was 48 spline, so the this one must be 36 spline.

I've had a Mountney wheel before. The wheel itself is flat, but the boss is deep, so makes the wheel stick out much further than the standard wheel.

The Disco wheel has the boss/female spline built into the wheel, making the total height of the wheel quite low.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket wheels that are about the same height as a standard one when fitted? Ideally looking for something in the 13-15" diameter range and not too silly on price.

Sadly super-slim means silly price. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RDX-SLIMLINE-Steering-Wheel-Boss-LandRover-90-110-36-spline-1983-1989-/231594971897

I already had a nice sparco wheel, so ended up buying this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPRINGALEX-LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-SLIMLINE-BOSS-fit-17mm-columns-BLACK-/391377314996

Check the PCD of your desired wheel as they seem to come in 101mm or 70mm flavour.

I found the late Defender wheel perfect for the set up. The Tdi wheels are a bit big, but are at least flat rather than dished. Metro/Montego wheels fit the mid-era (200Tdi?) columns (same splines as Series III), but not the others.

I would imagine there are loads of old BL models which might have used steering wheels with a similar number of splines.

Not sure how many mine has but I know it needs a puller to remove the wheel whilst the fat 300Tdi steering wheel (same splines as series 3) simply pulls off.