Isle of White?

Nigelw

21quid same day return, was just round the corner from the terminal today as we have a housing development by Fratton so I popped in.

I'm going in two weeks for a reconnaissance tour, as Dutch friends are coming in the summer and thought I'd do something special.

Yep, been greenlaning on the IoW twice; once by Landrover, once by quad. The big long Tennyson Trail lane that looks so attractive has a permanent TRO on it, as do some other lanes. In all there are enough lanes for one relaxed day with a pub lunch. ISTR that the IoW council website was very enlightening.

Chris

I have lived on the Island for the past 9 years and have run some greenlaning trips for mates some years in the summer months. as said above there are enough that don't have a full time TRO on them tio make a full day of it plus pub lunch if u take the scenic routes. That being said ALL the lanes get a temporary TRO on them during the winter months and rain dependant don't re-open until MaY or June. So no point coming over til then. You will also need to plan the route carefully as the coast road over the back past ventnor towards gangbang chine is shut as its falling away.

All the TRO's on open/closed lanes are listed on the council website.

Cheers

Willo

I have lived on the Island for the past 9 years and have run some greenlaning trips for mates some years in the summer months. as said above there are enough that don't have a full time TRO on them tio make a full day of it plus pub lunch if u take the scenic routes. That being said ALL the lanes get a temporary TRO on them during the winter months and rain dependant don't re-open until MaY or June. So no point coming over til then. You will also need to plan the route carefully as the coast road over the back past ventnor towards gangbang chine is shut as its falling away.

All the TRO's on open/closed lanes are listed on the council website.

Cheers

Willo

Cheers for that, if you have good experience of the lanes there, perhaps you'd be interested in meeting up and doing a guided tour?

• 3 weeks later...

I am still keen, juggling work and house moves has damped the spirit slightly but I am going to wait for a week of dry before i come over as I would like to do as little damage as possible to the lanes, I can imagine the chalk soakes up water like a sponge!

post up if you plan a drive round, woulĸ do my best to make it over ;)