Disco 1 diff lock switch sheared off

cornflakes52

300tdi auto

I have had a non working diff lock light for some time now and have finally gotten around to looking at it, the diff lock itself has been working fine though. So I checked the light and that was fine so I went to adjust the switch to see if that would do anything. Giving it a small twist and it sheared right off. Now I'm stuck with half a switch...

Given that the switch is hollow I'm a little concerned about losing the transfer box fluid through the hole when running, guess I'll have to run it and see. But has anyone got any ideas about removing what's left of the switch?

Cheers

Just use an "easy-out", otherwise known as stud or bolt extractors. They come in sets normally with matching drills for each size of extractor.

They have helical left hand thread so when you "unscrew" the easy-out it screws into the remains of the switch and will screw it out of the box.