Intake Hose Bracket

Got the rest of the bits figured out but can anyone tell me just exactly where this bracket is supposed to mount? I'm thinking on the side of the bulkhead toe box facing forward to support the elbow?

AirVents%20-%202_zpsdul2xm9d.jpg

Thanks

Brett

Thanks guys. My 110 was not originally a Tdi, so wasn't sure on the set up. I don't see how the bracket could naturally be mounted to the inner wing on mine to orientate it to support the hose. Must be a mounting tab or something I am missing. Easy enough to make something up

Brett

it acts as a hook i.e. mounted vertically and just keeps the air box to air scoop hose from flapping about...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/western214h/Defender%20200Tdi%20engine%20bay/IMG_0857.jpg

In the picture the bracket is located under the washer bottle area of the wing and just keeps the intake hose against the inner wheel arch.

it acts as a hook i.e. mounted vertically and just keeps the air box to air scoop hose from flapping about...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/western214h/Defender%20200Tdi%20engine%20bay/IMG_0857.jpg

In the picture the bracket is located under the washer bottle area of the wing and just keeps the intake hose against the inner wheel arch.

that's my 110's engine bay :)

I think the OP has a 300tdi, as that's what the parts diagram shows.

Thanks guys. My 110 was not originally a Tdi, so wasn't sure on the set up. I don't see how the bracket could naturally be mounted to the inner wing on mine to orientate it to support the hose. Must be a mounting tab or something I am missing. Easy enough to make something up

Brett

I'm assuming you have a 300tdi ? as the parts diagram is the 300tdi air intake vent.

Yes, 300Tdi. 110 is an Ex-Mod so originally had the 2.5NA. I upgraded a few years ago. It didn't have the proper wing with the air inlet so the hose has been tied up in the engine bay all this time. All sorted now with the proper bits, just a bit confused about that bracket. Think I have that licked now too but it has decided to start pouring rain so will have to finish up later. Thank you all for the help.

Brett

From memory and this a sepia toned memory so please forgive any errors. On a 300 there is a short flexi hose to the water drain valve thingy. The clip shown in the diagram bolts to a small bracket on the chassis and it supports the drain valve assembly. Item 10 in the link

http://numcat.ru/landrover/p/31/53450/

OK, this makes sense too. With my 110 not originally being a 300Tdi though, I could not find a small bracket on the chassis so I bolted the hose clip to the chassis where the inner wing attaches. This actually works well as it helps to hold the air hose off the brake line junction/valve thingy (LHD truck) which is mounted right there on the bulkhead.

Brett