FN FAL Bulkhead Mounts?

RPR

I don't want to freak my international friends and colleagues out too much but we have guns here in the US, and reason to have them when out in the wilds. I normally carry a lever gun in 30-30 or 45 Long Colt, which is absolutely fine for any and all camp needs. Goes in a roll cage scabbard. And no, we are not allowed to drive with a long gun loaded (yes we can drive with a loaded pistol).

Roll cage scabbard:

vqe4fqhnbnafnoy8a6zpkyzilcw7hqi2.jpg

But, I have seen pictures of Series Land Rovers with bulkhead mounts for the FN FAL/SLR/L1A1 rifle. I have a PTR-91, which is a semi-auto version of the German HK-91 and while not quite as good as the FAL, a very similar rifle that would, I think, fit in the FAL mounts

FAL_mount_1.jpg

PTR-91

644606_ts.png

What the actual mounts/brackets look like:

DSCN30121.jpg

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a source for these FAL bulkhead mounts. I can't imagine there's a lot of demand for them in the UK but then, I don't suppose there is a rich supply either.

I had them on my old lightweight, removed them as all you do is skin your elbows on them when you reach into the back for something!

Those brackets are slightly incomplete, there are two braces that go down to the bulkhead/seat back to steady them.

I had them on my old lightweight, removed them as all you do is skin your elbows on them when you reach into the back for something!

Those brackets are slightly incomplete, there are two braces that go down to the bulkhead/seat back to steady them.

I don't suppose that you removed them to a handy shelf somewhere and would like to monetize them...

That's the modern day cowboys horse you have there, nice.

Could you not knock something up yourself. Iv'e seen clamps I think they are called quick fists just checked that is the right name.

Have google and see what you think of them. Best of luck to you.

Look north.... Thousands of ex-MOD Defenders across the border and lots of gun mounts. Also lots of guys doing their trucks up in full military dressing.

Why not ask on a US based forum?

Any suggested sites in Canada?