Desperate help needed

Mutley

Doing the drop arm ball joint replacement............And can't get the top shim out!!!

Yes I have the puller DA1125.....But the tot is worn that much the bush used to PULL it out just drops straight through!!! Grrrrrr

Have tried a 17mm socket and G clamp and nothing not even a Gnats ****???................Trouble is the to shim is that worn I can't even feel and edge/lip to sit anything on???

I know getting the drop arm off with DIY tools isn't going to happen?..........Desperate to fix as it is my main form of transport

Cheers guys, yep tried heat, not got a 34mm anything to undo drop arm nut so that a no go Grrrr, puller is only good or not in this case for ball joint.....

Think i might have to rebuild it and leave the top as is which will p*** me off as it's a genuine kit i'm fitting Grrrrrrr now where's the dog when i need to kick something!?!

Grind it out in one place with a dremel/die grinder /drill with grind stone ?  I did one earlier this year that only had the tiniest lip left , it took about an hour of fiddling with various sockets / bits of tube with no success , then got something the right size and as soon as I got pressure on it , it fell out . The heat needs to be on the steering arm . If you have an old CO2 fire extinguisher you  can use it to freeze the ring inside the arm .

cheers

Steveb

Have had to put it back used new bits minus top. Will see what odeas i have over the nect couple of days.....

Or while i sit here at the side of the road waiting for the wife to bring some diesel thanks to the fuel gauge reading wrong, see post.... Not a good day and it aint over yet.... Roll on bed time!!!