more front end flex

I have drilled the bushes on the radius arm, because I found the Polybushes limited flex too much.

It's in fact the bushes on the axle side that need drilling, not the ones on the chassis.

What I did is drill a 10mm hole just above and below the hole for the bolt, so the bush can be deformed up or down more easily. I haven't found any ill effects on road, but my truck is used almost purely offroad.

Hi I did mine by following this thread:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61187

I used new genuine LR bushes, I probably only do 1000 road miles in my truck, its OK on the road, but on 35" simex its not going to be lotus handling!! I was concerned about the road manners especially under braking, but it has been fine. Been on more than a year now, and all seems to be fine.

Rich.

Thanks Rich - that's pretty much what I was about to write - saved a bit of typing.

I have found it works really well. Never had an issue with tearing using 2 x 8mm holes in each bush. It made a noticeable difference to the flexibility.

In terms of bang for yout buck - nothing beats it!

Si