Genuine Defender Worklight.

Mine is mounted on the rear drivers side near the roof, in the corner.

This is the best picture I can find of it.

post-3030-1228937307_thumb.jpg

I mounted the switch in that mystery apperture on the right of the steering wheel (I think V8's have a switch there,) for the warning illumination (to tell me that the light is actually on) I wired it so that the 24v light in the dash comes on. I ran the wire through a small hole in the body panel, along the roof, through the front headlining and down the side of the windscreen to the dash.

HTH

Martin

best place for a rear worklight is above & to the left of the tail door, that's where mine is. switch is in a 6 switch panel above the interior mirror.

If I had one it would be the same place as Western's, but ive got two fitted one each side of the rear door. I've mounted the switch between the lighter socket & rear wash wipe switch.

best place for a rear worklight is above & to the left of the tail door

Why is it "Best" to have one on this side?? I clearly have a rack & ladder, so "best" is the other side for me.

As a genuine worklight is movable, surely it makes no difference which side it goes on? I use mine for shining over my cooking tray on the inside of the rear door, and mounted on the right hand side works just fine.

If it makes any difference, I have seen them mounted up front, within easy reach from either the drivers or passengers seat, but this was on a big game tracking vehicle in Africa. I guess it all depends on what you need to use it for at the end of the day.

Martin

If it makes any difference, I have seen them mounted up front, within easy reach from either the drivers or passengers seat, but this was on a big game tracking vehicle in Africa. I guess it all depends on what you need to use it for at the end of the day.

Martin

One Front mounted work light.

It was fitted before the Roofrack :huh:

RoofRack.jpg

And before any makes any comments, I've removed the spare wheel mount.

Taking a 235/85x16 from the bonnet is bad enough, the thought of trying to remove it from up there !! :blink:

Why is it "Best" to have one on this side?? I clearly have a rack & ladder, so "best" is the other side for me.

As a genuine worklight is movable, surely it makes no difference which side it goes on? I use mine for shining over my cooking tray on the inside of the rear door, and mounted on the right hand side works just fine.

Martin

for me it's the best location so the light spread isn't blocked by a open rear door, obviously if a ladder is fitted then it could possibly get damaged when accessing the roofrack.