Rattler's Bulkhead swap

Did a bit more on Saturday fitted the wiper motor after removing the heater as the bracket that holds the wiper motor on slides up into the bulkhead from behind the heater then once it was fitted I replaced the wiper spindles then connected all the wiring up in the engine bay, working today so I will try and fit the dash in and connect it all up at the weekend and post some more pic's aswell :)

Edited by Cornish Rattler

Yeah its draggin on now as I am doing it on my own, son was going help me with it all but his new business had picked up just after we stripped everything off so since then I have been doing it on my own but I'm getting there, just want to get started on the 2a now :)

20 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Yeah its draggin on now as I am doing it on my own, son was going help me with it all but his new business had picked up just after we stripped everything off so since then I have been doing it on my own but I'm getting there, just want to get started on the 2a now :)

I know the feeling. It's all the little bits that can take time, I'm still slogging away at mine. It doesn't help when you drop and crack the windscreen whilst trying to clean it.:blush:

Finished off the odd's and ends this morning then Andy dropped a bomb shell me and Jen are going to watch the City match so that more or less stopped me in my tracks as the plan was after sorting the odd's and ends out we was suppose to be fitting the rest of the body on, screen, roof and doors so I will just have to wait now till I can have him to help me with it.

Anyway on a good note I am sat here on here with a few cans as its been ages since I last had a drink :P

Flaming weather it was nice and sunny earlier this morning when me and son attempted to get the 90 out of the garage to get everything else out ready to fit, anyway fitted the screen to bulkhead seal went to fit the screen and the heavens opened so everything had to go back into the garage inc the 90 and we shut up shop for the day, anyway I am off from the middle of next week so hopfully might get it all done then if the weather is ok :o

Had a nice surprise this morning went to my daughter's ( my ex wife's house ) to get some tools to help a mate put a shed up and found son was there doing stuff to the 90 he had fitted the screen / frame in place and was in the middle of fitting the roof on and said he will do some painting later so I will go round again tomorrow and have a look and take some pic's :)

• Like 1

At least you only have 2 doors! 

Those new doors look gorgeous, my 110 CSW needed all 4 doors (pushbutton) and I it was a difficult choice between new and refurb, as I don't do much of the work myself. At least with refurb you don't have to paint the whole vehicle and feel the temptation to replace all the fittings with new.

7 hours ago, timc1967 said:

At least you only have 2 doors! 

Those new doors look gorgeous, my 110 CSW needed all 4 doors (pushbutton) and I it was a difficult choice between new and refurb, as I don't do much of the work myself. At least with refurb you don't have to paint the whole vehicle and feel the temptation to replace all the fittings with new.

Yeah tbh I was torn between buying new or second hand as either way they are very expensive and time was dragging on so we decided on buying the new SP ones as they come with everything inc door catches, slam plates / catches, window catches, galv door cappings and door top to capping seal and with the new door seals we fitted when we fitted the roof they fit perfectly and I am well pleased :)

• Like 1

shame it has to go but at least you can say 'its finished'

My rebuild was completed years ago and I'm still tinkering with 'finishing' it!

good luck with the sale and hope you find a colour blind customer :-)

13 hours ago, GW8IZR said:

shame it has to go but at least you can say 'its finished'

My rebuild was completed years ago and I'm still tinkering with 'finishing' it!

good luck with the sale and hope you find a colour blind customer :-)

Haha cheers, yeah it will be sad to see it go with all the time and money we have put into it but think I am more suited to series rather than Defs series are more easier to work on but Defs are a far nicer drive but hey ho I still miss my old 2a and the new 2a will fill the hole the Def couldn't 

I built my 90 as a daily driver for retirement and its fine for that but having retired there is still the reality of a longish regular 250 mile commute to my parents. This means an elderly BMW estate has joined it on the drive. The 90 cost me a lot of money and its spot on but under the circumstances, if I had spent as much money on my previous series 1 I think I would have had a 'nicer' vehicle with more character ... but hey thats what we can do with 20/20 hindsight :-)

7 hours ago, GW8IZR said:

I built my 90 as a daily driver for retirement and its fine for that but having retired there is still the reality of a longish regular 250 mile commute to my parents. This means an elderly BMW estate has joined it on the drive. The 90 cost me a lot of money and its spot on but under the circumstances, if I had spent as much money on my previous series 1 I think I would have had a 'nicer' vehicle with more character ... but hey thats what we can do with 20/20 hindsight :-)

Yeah son keeps harping on about getting a D1 so I will have my 2a and if he needs my help I will help him with it as he wants a V8 one :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...