300Tdi, FIP

Boydie

Following my question regarding diesel leaking from my FIP - a very slight drip from drain/vent just below the turbo banjo connection - it would seem that by measurement my concentric pin is oval and the nylon sealing bush has also worn.    The bush I can obtain by buying a full seal and gasket set, the pin I'm not able to obtain, short of buying a fully overhauled pump however I recall there was a performance pin on the market that had just one curve machined  in it, can anyone tell me who made and supplied these ? 

I remember them being advertised in all the magazines by Timber Trail 4x4 but it would seem they've gone bust.  A quick search for 300tdi boost pins showed this:

http://fourby.co.uk/Boost-Pin-by-Morgan-Hill

Maybe post in the wanted section if you'd rather put a standard one back in, there might be someone who has fitted a boost pin that still has their original.

You could try a peugot or vw one if you can find on in a scrap yard? You could try the robbing buggers over my way, make sure you are sat down when you ask them how much. I'm sure they'll refurbish it first and coat it with bullshotomium to stop any further wear..... 
I noticed when I was doing the tuning that the  horizontal pin hard worn a slight groove into the boost compensater  pin, but since I was turning through about 20 degrees it didn't matter. Thought about just tweaking through 4 or 5 degrees, slightly more or less fuel and hence tune.

Just curious about your oval comment, and I'm sure you know, but the pin has different angles for boost compensation as you rotate it, so it will kind of be oval, as I said I found an actual groove where the fuel governor pin rides on it, which is the only wear I'd expect.

Thanks guys, your ebay (UK) is different from ours out here in the colonies. The oval section is in the round upper portion, not in the concentric tapered lower section, obviously worn over the past 400,000 plus kilometres due to the up and down movement so I thought one of these after market ones would be a better "fit" and, with the new nylon top seal fix -- albeit temporarily --  my fuel leakage problem, meanwhile I'm looking locally in Oz for a reasonable low milage second hand FIP, a fully reconned ex Bosch one will need to wait until I return from out CSR trip.

18 hours ago, honitonhobbit said:

The 'super power' boost pins are the same profile as the Audi 2.5 V6 pin IIRCAANGM

Thanks Hobbit, as usual you are a bottomless font of knowledge and I'll price one tomorrow.  As I explained on the other thread, the leak had been fixed with a fuel additive. Brilliant  :D