front and rear brake calipers

ady 1

HI

I AM LOOKING TO CHANGE FRONT AND REAR BRAKE CALIPERS.WHAT I HAVE AT THE MOMENT IS A 87 NINETY WITH DISCO AXLES ORIGINAL CALIPERS WITH M12 BOLTS AND 7/16 THREAD ON THE FRONT THE CALIPERS LOOK LIKE RTC4998/4999 RESPECTFULLY AND TAKE THE SMALL BRAKE PADS.IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS.PLUS DO I REMOVE OLD CALIPERS TO MAKE SURE I GET THE RIGHT ONE'S.THE REARS LOOK LIKE STANDARD DISCO SET UP. CALIPERS LOOK LIKE STC 1264/1265 RESPECTFULLY AND TAKE THE SMALL BRAKE PADS ARE THERE OTHER OPTIONS. I WILL OF COURSE I WILL BE CHANGING DISC'S AT THE SAME TIME PLUS ALL OIL AND GASKETS.I WILL BE KEEPING OLD CALIPERS FOR REFURBISHING .JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE OPTIONS ARE BEFORE I ORDER THE PARTS.THANKS FOR ANY INFO

According to a couple of parts sites, those particular calipers were standard on the 90, Discovery1 and Range Rover classic.

One option would be to fit vented discs on the front and the wider calipers.

Honestly with prices like some of these it hardly seems worth your while to refurb your existing calipers.

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/search.php?query=rtc4998&xBrand=&part_type=&xSupplierID=&product-sort=&xPerPage=10

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/search.php?query=stc1264&xBrand=&part_type=&xSupplierID=&product-sort=&xPerPage=10

My preference it to have the calipers blasted, then remove their pistons and seals, undo all the unions, blanks and bleed nipples, use stiff wire to clear through all the bores and give them a through internal cleanout, then rebuild with Zeus Engineering's stainless piston kit.  A lick of caliper pain or even Hammerite and they'll be better than new and far longer lasting.