Dog guard fitting

Having got the seats and bulkhead removal bar fitted in the 90, I now have the 'challenge' of separating the cabin from the load area in order to comply with most competition/challenge rules and regs.

The trouble is, with the bulkhead removal bar (MUD UK one) the standard 90 dog guard won't fit properly and the seats recline too far to enable one to fit where it would conventionally be. I could bring the seats up, but I'm looking for a permanent solution rather than one for a specific outing/event...

Question 1 - Would a 110 CSW dog guard fit (you know the one with the lower section between the wheel arches)?

Question 2 - How and where do they mount?

If it's a case that they mount on the roof/side panel and sidepanel/tub joins, then it should be fairly straight forward to make one fit 9" further back from the standard position, shouldn't it??

I would appreciale any pics of the standard mountings and any pics from those of you who have mounted one in a different position, if there are any...

I would also welcome any suggestions from those who compete in 90 HTs as to how they comply with the regs... (I'm specifically looking at JST's 4x4 Adventures rules and regs at the moment but am aware that it was a requirement at other comps I've entered)

TIA

Adrian

PS I'm sure this was covered a while ago, but the search function was used, then verbally abused as putting in a word like 'guard' throws up hundreds of topics about tank/diff/steering guards!!! I even tried Simonr's google method, but no fruit on that tree either!

I run a hard top and did some CSW and 4x4adventure events last year and no issue with no guard up. Had a quick look at the regs and have now seen the item. Not sure if it new this year? I naturally ensure all the kit is strapped/bolted down and that has been sufficient in the past. I am sure JST or so will be along. I then run with no rear door for better visibility.

110Csw dog guard has brackets that attach to the roof bolts along the inner gutter & 2 brackets that fit to the front end of the station wagon rear wheelboxes [1 bracket per side] then a thumb wheel bolt secures the lower dog guard frame to the brackets.

• 9 years later...

Hi Folks,

Thinking of fitting a dog guard to our Defender 110 300Tdi CSW - 1997

Part number VUB 500510

Trying to find fitting instructions but failing miserably.

Keen to know the following:

• Does it require any "drill" fixings or can it be bolted to existing fixtures/bolts/etc...
  • Can it be fitted behind a second row of high back seating while retaining the rear facing bench seats in place?
  • Any links to fitting instructions/etc... would be great.

Many Thanks,

Simon...

• 2 weeks later...