Series 1 4x2

Moyes

Hello,

i bought a 4x2 series 1 about 6 years ago did a bit of work and then had to mothball it due to a work move. I’m now moving with work and going to get to work on the series 1 again. I need the following parts.

fuel tank, rear diff (pinion bearings collapsed whilst at speed) anyone got these parts in either Suffolk/Norfolk, Edinburgh or North Yorkshire?

im planning on daily driving this vehicle and im quite tempted to chuck in a modern engine from a jimny possibly, I’m thinking small and petrol to keep some of the charm. I’ve done 300tdi conversions into land rovers before so just looking or ideas/experience from anyone that’s done one?

i know you may think it’s sacrilige to remove the engine and replace but it’s a 4x2 and only worth a couple of grand. Anyone got any experience/parts/comments they are more than welcome.

its a 1958 4x2 with a 1.6 possibly ex raf or water department? It was registered in 1968 so some governmental department had it for a decade.

thanks for your time.

4x2s are so rare - yes it would be sacrilige to change the engine - I would have thought it would have had a 2.0 spreadbore engine rather than the much earlier 1600 but you need to check.  Really giving the current engine a good refurb would provide as much oomph as something like a Jimny and no conversion needed.

I would stay with what you have and do a mechanical refurb.

Garry

• Like 1