Halfords Industrial Tool Chests

I know a few people on here like the halfords Industrial range of toolboxes/chests , it looks like they're being replaced by the 'advanced' range , I looked at one of these(advanced) in store yesterday and imho they look carp and have friction draw locking :(

The industrial range is still on there website but I can't find a branch to click & collect and they're not available for delivery , does anybody know if these are manufactured for anybody as well as halfords and badged up different ?

Edited by garymorris

10 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

They're the one's they're replacing? 

yes I think so with the 'advanced' ones which are also black but from what I saw yesterday , the advanced ones are no where near as good as quality of the industrial ones , sad times :o

3 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

What do the runners feel like on the new ones Gary?

they feel cheap and nasty Ross , they friction lock too , the whole toolbox feels poor imho , like you I was hoping to buy a couple of bottom boxes :(

I was rather hoping somebody might know who they were manufactured by 

I've got a set of these and was planning on getting another bottom chest they were very good quality , haven't seen anything near as good for the money or costing much more . Just had a look and a bottom came up at Kirkstall it's 72 miles from Stafford if that's any good to either of you , haven't got a clue were it is .

• 2 weeks later...

I've never bought one but these seem good value. I bought an engine hoist off them which seems good but I assume most things are just bought and sold so it's hard to know. They're in derby, if it's near maybe it's possible to go look? 

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment/tool-chests-cabinets

£100 for a cabinet and top box with roller bearing drawers and draw liners delivered with a 10 year warranty sounds too good to be true!

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment/tool-chests-cabinets/chest-cabinet/stc1000-mechanics-8-drawer-tool-box-chest-cabinet

Edited by Cynic-al

• 1 year later...