Cheap Pelican type box?

nicksmelly

I'm looking for some cheap Peli type waterproof boxes to put some / a camcorder/s and batteries in a comp safari racer. Dimensions of about 12"x10"x6" or there ish. Needs to be strong enough to survive ratchet strapping in place.

Anyone any ideas or source of cheap pelican or storm boxes?

Nick... the smelly one

I'm looking for some cheap Peli type waterproof boxes to put some / a camcorder/s and batteries in a comp safari racer. Dimensions of about 12"x10"x6" or there ish. Needs to be strong enough to survive ratchet strapping in place.

Anyone any ideas or source of cheap pelican or storm boxes?

Nick... the smelly one

Not quite that big, but how about an H83 ammo box? - if you could squeeze it in there you'd have a totally waterproof (as long as you proof the holes that you make for wires...) and very tough container for less than £10 :)

Anchor Supplies say this:

Bolted to the floor they make great safes... ideal to keep your valuables safe and secure.

Details:

External dimensions: 300 x 155 x 185 mm (approx 12" x 6" x 7.5")

Internal dimensions: 280 x 140 x 175 mm ( approx 11.5" x 5.5" x 7")

Weight : 3kg

Construction: Fully welded seam Galvanized Steel

Finish: Brown Gloss or Olive Green

Fitted Rubber seal on inner lid which is compressed to seal the box when shut

Lie Flat handle permits easy carrying.

VERY Rugged and Durable... Should last a Lifetime

Rog

I bought a peli-style case for my tools (alright, I know... :rolleyes: ) from Solent Plastics in Southampton.

It's easily as well made as the Pelis I've used in the past. I know it hasn't got the Peli name but it's about half the price.

Very nice folk to deal with and they do good mail order.

Excellent ! they seem have just the type of boxes I am looking for to load up the Discovery with for next years treks. Thanks.

Neil

Wow, contacted Solent Plastics to see if they have any cheaper ones... but the ammo box idea sounds good. I know the type your on about. I saw some at Sodbury last year. Will get in touch with Anchor.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

Nik... the smelly one