Fuel lines filters & Sedimenter 90/110

Truck A is a xmod 90 2.5 na diesel (87) fitted with a Sedimenter along with the fuel filter, this works quite well seems.

truck B is a 110 PU with a 200tdi (84)  only a fuel filter ,  a project.

the 90 has same size fuel lines to & from filters fuel tank., the 110 has smaller return line to fuel tank,.

Is this normal for the two engines or is spec different for xmod?

planning to add a Sedimenter to 110 & was wondering about the difference 2.5na & 200tdi engine parameters.

Edited by seaswood

I removed a gas filter from the frame when I got it.

so should the return lines be same diameter as in lines for 200 tdi?

the 200 tdi does not have return lines from injectors? Is this normal?

the 2.5 na uses three of the fittings on fuel filter plus uses the top fitting both ways for return.

whilst the 200 tdi uses one fitting on filter & one side of top fitting, a simple in & out which seems simple maybe limited system.

Okay so seems to be same as western diagram shows.

i found return lines to injector pump yes different from 2.5 na plumbing.of which caught my attention.

better to know why.

seems I could install Sedimenter inline between tank & lift pump.

up on four chaulks, one differential in Salt lake, new rebuilt tranny in box no rush tho here.

Note: The sedimenter on mine (exMOD 2.5n/a, now a 200TDI) next to the fuel tank will clog up with black mould/gel over a long period, so worth pulling it apart every few 5 years and cleaning it out etc. I've seen some that were completely full and blocking the diesel flow, that takes many years usually...
Example here:
https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/diesel-choke.295501/

3 hours ago, roamingyak said:

Note: The sedimenter on mine (exMOD 2.5n/a, now a 200TDI) next to the fuel tank will clog up with black mould/gel over a long period, so worth pulling it apart every few 5 years and cleaning it out etc. I've seen some that were completely full and blocking the diesel flow, that takes many years usually...
Example here:
https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/diesel-choke.295501/

You desperately need to start using a diesel fuel conditioner if your fuel is that bad.  You should also run a strong biocide through the system to kill off the existing fungus.

Five years I just did annual fuel filters including Sedimenter which takes 15 minutes, the fuel filter little longer to avoid spills.

the lift pump still works fine bleeding system or I am just lucky there, in xmod 90.

LR supplier suggested I use stainless for the fuel lines adding Sedimenter in rear of 110 PU.

is there one system better than other, size of fittings?

21 hours ago, Red90 said:

You desperately need to start using a diesel fuel conditioner if your fuel is that bad.  You should also run a strong biocide through the system to kill off the existing fungus.

Had the same problem with my sedimenter, looked like a black jellyfish.  Posted on here and was suggested I tried Jeyes fluid which seems to work, small amount in the fuel tank on each filling.  I noticed there are numerous commercial fuel biocides in motor shops.