X-Eng Pedal Lock - Cam Lock

I bought a built up but never fitted X-Eng pedal lock at Newbury Sortout for a very reasonable price, however the seller had lost the key. I know it's a Lowe and Fletcher cam lock, but there are approximately 53 zillion different options on their website. Does anyone happen to know which one it is that I need? (I'm looking to replace the whole lock, not just the key)

While I've forgotten the precise configuration of the X-Eng Pedal Lock I am going to guess that changing the lock will require the finesse of an angle grinder.

Whatever it takes to remove the lock, you are going to have to do it anyway, so perhaps the most certain way of getting a matching replacement (in form factor, anyway) is to proceed with removal, then send the keyless lock to Lowe & Fletcher and ask for a replacement.

Regards.

Mine is off the vehicle at the moment. I will have a look tomorrow.

Edit: I’m fairy certain that it  can be disassembled and I should be able to take a pic and some measurements. There’s a number on the key so first of all I will pop that in the L&F site and that might show the lock series. 

Edited by Peaklander
Added detail

Had a look on their website and to specify the correct lock you need all the dimensions which would be possible as I think it can be disassembled. I have sent L&F my key details asking if they know the detail from that. However wouldn't X-Eng be able to tell you and probably supply a new lock? That's where I'd start.

I had another look at the construction last night, and it looks pretty easy to get the lock out (with access to the back) so when I get more time I'll take it apart and measure.

Reason for asking here first - I thought somebody else might have already done it and knew the right part number.

Yes of course, you have the lock as well 😀 .

L&F replied first thing, which is really impressive and it's perhaps no surprise that the key number doesn't define the entire lock.

Their webpage does define the exact specification though, so measuring will work. I still think X-eng are the best first call though.

I replaced the lock on mine after some scum nicked keys from my lock up, I was able to get a pair of locks with matching keys from some one on Ebay. If you are buying a new lock it might be worth considering buying a set of locks with matching keys to use on other things on the truck save having to have multiple keys for various locks.

• 2 months later...