Replacement seats

mat2495

Hi All, does anyone have any views on replacement seats they could share? I need a new set of deluxe seats for my 110, and am trying to decide if the exmoor trim set are worth the extra £100 over the britpart ones. Past experience tells me probably yes, but i thought I had best ask first just in case the britpart ones are actually decent.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, mat2495 said:

Hi All, does anyone have any views on replacement seats they could share? I need a new set of deluxe seats for my 110, and am trying to decide if the exmoor trim set are worth the extra £100 over the britpart ones. Past experience tells me probably yes, but i thought I had best ask first just in case the britpart ones are actually decent.

Thanks

Yes I think they would be, I to am looking at fitting new seat in my series 2a rebuild was going to fit Mazda RX8 seats in the front but after measuring where the seats will go there just isn't enough leg room, shame as they are a really good seat as I had them in my 90 but as they won't fit the 2a I am now going to fit the Exmoor trim hi back seats instead.

Mite need to ask this ? on the Defender forum as well as this is the series forum :)

It's quite possible that the Britpart seats are made by Exmoor Trim, given that they're the biggest refurbisher/maker.  I know Exmoor Trim started selling Wright Off Road's cabin matting system years ago as their own, with a mark-up, so reselling is commonplace.  Britpart buy in bulk, so get good prices on common parts.  It's worth phoning Britpart to ask, or visiting a supplier to see the product and look for ET markings.

Thanks for your thoughts. I don't have to decide right now, so I will probably leave it a week and see if anyone else chimes in good or bad. I suppose at this point in the rebuild I don't want to pinch the pennies to hard.

6 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Mite need to ask this ? on the Defender forum as well as this is the series forum :)

by some vagary of Land Rover's, mine left the factory with series 3 seats in it! Not sure if it was common on the early 110s or not, but I don't think I've seen many like it

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, mat2495 said:

Thanks for your thoughts. I don't have to decide right now, so I will probably leave it a week and see if anyone else chimes in good or bad. I suppose at this point in the rebuild I don't want to pinch the pennies to hard.

by some vagary of Land Rover's, mine left the factory with series 3 seats in it! Not sure if it was common on the early 110s or not, but I don't think I've seen many like it

Are right ok I didn't know that ☹️

Yes, early 110 and late series has a lot in common.

The 110 was going to be called the stage 2 at one time.

No idea on the 90, but probably the same idea was in place before marketing got involved.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, Gazzar said:

Yes, early 110 and late series has a lot in common.

The 110 was going to be called the stage 2 at one time.

No idea on the 90, but probably the same idea was in place before marketing got involved.

Yeah I think they was originally going to call the 90/110 a S4 as well which I think would have been better being as they was still running the same 4 cylinder engines and I think very very early ones still had the series 3 gearboxes fitted :)