My life in books...

ThreeSheds

.......is it true to say vehicle reliability is directly related to how used the book is ?  :D

my BMW Clymer R80GS manual is well thumbed around the engine electrical section , all my LR ones have patina and I burnt the 455 Pontiac one when I sold it ............:blink:

cheers

Steve b

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

I'm intrigued by the 9mm handguns book between the BMW 3 Series and Peugeot 406. Planning to do an "Elvis" on some recalcitrant vehicle?

I used to shoot pistol until HMGovt took them away. :(

Interesting bookshelf..

Goverments seem to think the people cannot be trusted with guns..

Not wanting to start at anything but I rather have the Mrs. hold the long slide than a phone when a burglar comes to the house....

...and yes, she knows how to use them.

My bookshelf is hidden right now as we're rebuilding the offices...

14 hours ago, Arjan said:

Goverments seem to think the people cannot be trusted with guns..

Back in the day, early in 1996,  there was a school shooting in Scotland and handguns in particular were suddenly very unpopular. I inherited a 9mm Browning Hi Power from my late Father just a couple of months later and it was impossible to get transferred into my name even though I was already a shotgun and rifle permit holder and shooting regularly at the local range (Kemnay), I still have it although deactivated, I didn't realise at the time how crude a process that was, it was very upsetting to see a nice piece  butchered the way they did.

Have now moved house too many times to have kept all the manuals, but it would be good to line those that are left up, its surprising how it adds up when you go through them all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Have now moved house too many times to have kept all the manuals

That's sad... Mine are better than any diary or photo, especially the smudges and finger prints... They take me right back 

Just went to see what is left,......

Books.thumb.jpg.1fd305d8796a659b4c78b4e6cc92285a.jpg

Just missing roughly in order,Morris marina 1.8/ Alfa Sud 1.2 Ti/ Triumph Dolomite 1800HL/ Austin Princess wedge 2200HL/ 1959 Mini (too rusty, never got it on the road)

Then the first Land Rover, 1961 series II, after the Volvo 245 estate I had an Astra (1982) 3dr diesel, a Merc 1984 207 van, a 1970 Series IIa SWB, a 1981 polo bread van,  a Merc 250D 1985, then my first Range Rover a US import 3.9 'County' LHD (we were off to France),

From France just missing the Golf diesel, the Grey Fergy the Iveco 4010, An Astra estate briefly, couple of horse boxes and a Manitou!

Its been fun:D

• Haha 1