Wheel Studs

Hi Folks,

Been looking into the topic of wheel studs for use with Wolf wheels, in particular stud lengths. (Defender 110 CSW 1996 300 Tdi)

Not a new topic and appreciate large numbers of folk use standard length studs with no reported issues. Not wanting to stir that debate - well maybe a little.

However, came across these today - Zeus manufactured studs coming in at 56mm. Liking the look of the Zeus stubs as the FRC7577 extended studs look as though they will be way too long.

http://www.zeus.uk.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=11x

Has anybody had any experience of using them?

Simon...

Simon, I’ve had three different sets of genuine wolfs on three different 300tdi defenders over the years and each time the wheel stud is flush to the head of the nut.

I also have an old 200tdi 90 I bought recently just to launch boats with which is fitted with the frc7577 studs and wolf rims (not by me!) and can confirm they look daft with 10-15mm stud protruding as in attached photo

289C020F-5E56-40E8-AE61-4194ED975786.jpeg

Edited by oneandtwo
  • Like 1