Underslung LPG

I'm eyeing up ideas for my 110 CSw

Long term I'd like it to be petrol and LPG, while not impacting the internal space.

I'd be happy to replace the main rear tank with a sizeable LPG unit. This then leaves the petrol to be housed.

I see britpart offer a reserve tank, that sits in the rear wing.. it looks like this is only as a top up to the main and at face value has no provision for a fuel pump.

Any ideas or input welcome.. Thanks

Mine has twin 45L(ish) cylindrical tanks underneath - between the chassis and the sills on each side. They sit a little below the main chassis rails but not a lot - if you are planning on hardcore off roading then it probably isn't the best setup but for 'normal' use you'd be pretty unlikely to catch them. Advantage is that you keep the full size petrol tank and don't lose any interior space... :)

If you are interested, I've just upgraded mine from a BLOS gas carb to multipoint, so will have all of the frontend bits going for sale on here at some point soon... :)

Not quite the same vehicle, but I had a 92 Range Rover on gas, RPI swapped the main fuel tank to a donut tank and I had a purpose made wing petrol tank. Trouble is the donut tank isn't very space efficient, it had about 80 litre volume but remember that useable gas capacity is quite a bit less. I would go with dual cylinders and or saddle tanks if I did it again.

My Disco 2 had a cill tank and twin rear cylinders where the fuel tank was giving 100L of gas then a replacement fuel tank in the wing which held 30L petrol. This was a great system and gave 300miles of range on gas or 200 if towing. Only problem was it rusted out and the cost of replacement was worth more then the car at the time.

Look up a company called RPI Engineering and have a look at some of the kits they supply and fit, they have rear wing petrol tanks and various gas tank set ups available. I bought a kit from them to fit To my v8 110 myself, it was all good quality and easy to follow instructions. Once fitted I took it to them to test and certify and it has been running without drama ever since 2006 with about 120k miles done so far.

13 hours ago, Flash17 said:

Look up a company called RPI Engineering

Just on that one, I got RPI to fit my '92 RR LPG system as I was moving house at the the time (2000?), I had a couple of issues with it afterwards and I felt a bit let down at the time, having laid out £3k, I had to sort it out myself with minimal support. I think they had problems as their main man/workshop foreman type had left during or just after my install, but the attitude was poor.