Getting a few job's done

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys 

Yesterday with it being roasting I managed to fit the heater as when I did the rebuild the restored replacement bulkhead was made up of an early 2a bottom half and a later 2a top half so the holes was only there for the older round type heater and min's the later flat type heater so had to drill fresh holes in the bulkhead and once fitted and had the 200tdi engine running I can honestly say it was toastie and can honestly say it's the first time I've has a decent heater in a series then I fitted the new spare in the back which I had recently bought but as the original wheel retainer was missing I made my own and primed ready for repainting all the wheels in Limestone as I've gone off them being Black, pic's to follow :)

1 minute ago, Anderzander said:

Mats are really nice - that lip around the edge looks great to stop water getting under them too. 👍🏻

Everytime I see photos of inside I find myself looking around my garage for a 2” grommet to send you .... 

You mean for the bulkhead between the hi/low lever and pedals i keep meaning to get one myself but keep forgetting 😕

1 minute ago, Anderzander said:

The wheels look better too.

Personally I would have tried white to contrast a little - but it’s much better than black wheels and black tyres.

yeah when we got the wheels and tyres we was undecided which way to go so decided to run with them in black and repaint them later if i decide to do that which i have now 🙂

On 4/21/2020 at 6:38 PM, Snagger said:

It looks great.  IIB or even Wolf rims In Limestone would be a nice fit later, should funds permit, but that is very tidy.  Where did you get the mats?

Ebay £45 a set.

Edited by Cornish Rattler
Thought of something immediately after I posted
  • Like 1