Dreaded Electrics

1 hour ago, western said:

The Disco glowplug relay & loom might work, Yes you could use the old 'hold the key to heat' thats how the TD heated its glowplugs. as you found out the na diesel does to.

Thanks When I hold key to heat this light comes on, on bottom row in Pic, So does this mean that My glowplugs are working now ? or do I need a wire  from the end plug nearest Bulkhead to battery. ? 

IMG_20200624_150326.jpg

Edited by kevin50

If the 4 glowplugs are wired together, the number 4 nearest bulkhead needs the thick Brown with Red trace connecting to it, the wire should have a ring terminal on it to fit under the nut on top of the glowplugs. 

Do the above should get you a operating glowplugs system, a 8  second hold of the key before cranking the engine would be god, though in warm weather it should start straight away without needing glowplugs, 

The timer unit is just a more elegant solution, you can add it at a later date. 

28 minutes ago, western said:

If the 4 glowplugs are wired together, the number 4 nearest bulkhead needs the thick Brown with Red trace connecting to it, the wire should have a ring terminal on it to fit under the nut on top of the glowplugs. 

Do the above should get you a operating glowplugs system, a 8  second hold of the key before cranking the engine would be god, though in warm weather it should start straight away without needing glowplugs, 

The timer unit is just a more elegant solution, you can add it at a later date. 

Thanks So attach Thick Brown / Red from number 4 Straight  to Battery. ?  Is there a way to test to see if they are heating up ?

It does start on the button now ,but just thinking ahead for Winter.

the thick brown/red comes from battery via ignition switch then to glowplugs, so as the switch part looks to be working, once the other end of the brownred is connected to number 4 glowplug, that should be it, 

only way to test is remove the glowplugs & using a set of jumpleads & a battery make sure the glow cherry red, 

connect the battery negative to glow plug body [not on the threads, so the clamp doesn't damage the threads] the battery positive the the end terminal where the wires connect, hold the glow plug either with the negative jump lead or a some pliers the do get extreme hot.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got rear door fitted, not the best but itl do me.

Anyway I did have everything working when I just mocked the wires together, but now noting. these are wires in Pic they go into the square fuse box with there own fuses.

I have Green going to  White and Black/ White going to Brown / White, Thats how it worked on the mock up.

I only have power on the Green to White, not the other 2 for some reason.

Dont know what Ive done this time.

ss.jpg

16 minutes ago, western said:

Those are the rear screen heater & rear wash & wiper wires, there is a wiring diagram posted earlier. Check the relevant switches & relay work

Yes this is how I have it in Pic.

The rear wash still works from Switch but Wiper Motor does not. It does work straight from battery though.. 

With test light  I get power from Plain White to Plain Green  but nothing from the other 2. 

ss2.jpg

Edited by kevin50

Try new fuses in both, as for the wiper motor running from a battery but not when on the vehicle, mine did that, I had to replace it with a new motor, the shaft that moves the wiper arm/blade must of been partly siezed, & wouldn't operate when on the door & blade against the glass. 

Try new fuses in both, as for the wiper motor running from a battery but not when on the vehicle, mine did that, I had to replace it with a new motor, the shaft that moves the wiper arm/blade must of been partly siezed, & wouldn't operate when on the door & blade against the glass. 

Sorted Mate it was the Bloody switch, Luckily I had another so swapped it over.

Great news, must be almost there with the wiring then 

Got these 2 on the left side but all Lights Indicators are wired , then these 2 plugs which I don't think I need. Also another couple of plugs on right side will check them tomorrow.

IMG_20200625_173510.jpg

IMG_20200626_181531.jpg

IMG_20200626_181547.jpg

the purple/blue trace needs a female fully insulated spade terminal, if door switches for the interior light were fitted it would go down the bulkhead in the rear corners on both sides of engine bay

I'll have to check on the red/green in my diagrams tomorrow.

the 3 way lug is for Split charge system, when fitted, so just tape it up & secure out of the way. 

yellow/black & plain black  is for glowplug warning light for Left hand drive vehicles I think. again I'll check my diagrams tomorrow.

yellow/black & plain black  is for glowplug warning light for Left hand drive vehicles I think. again I'll check my diagrams tomorrow.

I seem to remember securing these 2 wires out of the way, not needed on your vehicle. 

I'll have to check on the red/green in my diagrams tomorrow

the green/red is left hand indicator, could be for the front wing repeater light, 

are yours fitted & working ? 

2 hours ago, western said:

I seem to remember securing these 2 wires out of the way, not needed on your vehicle. 

the green/red is left hand indicator, could be for the front wing repeater light, 

are yours fitted & working ? 

Yes mine are fitted and working

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 12:32 PM, kevin50 said:

Yes mine are fitted and working

For some reason my Difflock Light Switch has stopped working.

I had it working perfect but nothing now. Traced the wire back and cant find any breaks or anything. Earth is OK.  Only thing when  testing with Test Light the light just say comes on, but when touching different connections the Light comes on very Bright, so does not seem to be Much Power getting to it for some reason. 

Any Ideas ?

5 hours ago, western said:

Hopefully as simple as a dirty connection 

Much Simpler Mate.

After I had posted this I read trough the thread to jog my memory when we found the Black / Blue wire. Then I saw where you told me that sometimes the vehicle has to move a bit before light comes on,  Then the Penny Dropped .  After a good 2 hours this morning  checking wires , taking connections apart, even had the dials back off to check bulbs.  I went up started it up pulled out the shed, put it in Difflock  and the Bloody light came on.

Must try and Remember things. 😬

Thanks Mate