Dreaded Electrics

4 minutes ago, western said:

they are spare warning lights if you twist they will pull out, then shine a light in from bulb holder side & you'll see what icon & colour the warning light is, these can be wired in as you want. 

Thanks Mate, Will I need them ?

17 hours ago, western said:

Depends on what icons are on them, put a photo up of your warning light panel, I should be able to tell if they are needed.

Pic of panel. 

Just fitted Reverse Lamp, but the Diagram says Green / Brown, I have 2 but think one may be Light Green / Brown Not sure. Also I have New reverse Switch on gear box, but there is no wires coming from it, Not sure where to look for them, or what colour the live is.  

IMG_20200508_145808.jpg

IMG_20200508_150024.jpg

IMG_20200508_140953.jpg

Reverse lights wires should appear from the chassis loom in the righr rear corner, there should be 2 green/brown both with a male bullet end terminal then a 4 way female connector, these then go to the left & right reverse light, both also need a plain black earth wire to each bulb holder. 

For the reverse light switch, from the multiplugs at bulkhead near the brake & clutch pedal housings there should a plain green this goes to one of the terminals & other terminals goes to grren/brown out to reverse lights via the chassis loom. 

1 hour ago, western said:

IMG_20200508_145808.jpg.a889393b188d788a

What the lights are for & colours below, those with a X under them are not required. 

IMG_20200508_191612.jpg

On the top NOT Working  is park brake,  brake fail,  centre diff lock,  rear heated screen.

On the bottom NOT Working is  seat belt, park brake,  gearbox temp,  side lights,  24 watt batt.

2 hours ago, western said:

Reverse lights wires should appear from the chassis loom in the righr rear corner, there should be 2 green/brown both with a male bullet end terminal then a 4 way female connector, these then go to the left & right reverse light, both also need a plain black earth wire to each bulb holder. 

For the reverse light switch, from the multiplugs at bulkhead near the brake & clutch pedal housings there should a plain green this goes to one of the terminals & other terminals goes to grren/brown out to reverse lights via the chassis loom. 

Great Info Mate, Just what I need.

I used the Darker Green/Brown and earth to Light.   Cant find any of the wires at bulkhead yet,  There was no wires on my switch in pic, so I mocked 2  up to Test the Light , ran one to rear on to bulb, then the other to Battery , put it in reverse and works Fine.   so need to find these wires.

IMG_20200508_200731.jpg

17 hours ago, kevin50 said:

On the top NOT Working  is park brake,  brake fail,  centre diff lock,  rear heated screen.

the 'park brake' is not wired, so can be ignored.

Brake fail should be connected to the black/white trace wires on the long white multiplug which clip to back of warning light cluster, it should only light up on start up while engine is cranking over then go out & stay out.

Centre diff lock is a Black/blue wire, it should be sat on top of chassis below the drivers floor panel it may need extending to the diff lock switch on top of the transfer box front output housing, its a difficult item to see, one terminal should be earthed to the transfer box casing, 

rear heated screen is wires to the light are behind instrument pack, one id White/green trace & other is plain black. with ignition on & rear screen heater switch on the icon should light up.

On the bottom NOT Working is  seat belt, park brake,  gearbox temp,  side lights,  24 watt batt.

Seat belt, park brake & gearbox temp can be ignored, not used on UK vehicles, but can be wired in at a later date,

the side/tail light should be on when side/tail lights are on., so should already be working.

24 V battery light is not required & can be ignored. 

good work on checking the reverse lights & switch operation, if you can't find the correct colour wires, just run new wires to get them operating. 

I will check my multiplugs tomorrow for the reverse light switch wiring & add a photo to show you which ones they are & how they get to the gearbox.

11 minutes ago, western said:

the 'park brake' is not wired, so can be ignored.

Brake fail should be connected to the black/white trace wires on the long white multiplug which clip to back of warning light cluster, it should only light up on start up while engine is cranking over then go out & stay out.

Centre diff lock is a Black/blue wire, it should be sat on top of chassis below the drivers floor panel it may need extending to the diff lock switch on top of the transfer box front output housing, its a difficult item to see, one terminal should be earthed to the transfer box casing, 

rear heated screen is wires to the light are behind instrument pack, one id White/green trace & other is plain black. with ignition on & rear screen heater switch on the icon should light up.

Seat belt, park brake & gearbox temp can be ignored, not used on UK vehicles, but can be wired in at a later date,

the side/tail light should be on when side/tail lights are on., so should already be working.

good work on checking the reverse lights & switch operation, if you can't find the correct colour wires, just run new wires to get them operating. 

24 V battery light is not required & can be ignored. 

Cheers Mate will Tackle those one by one.  On revers switch, if I don't find wires,  Could I just do how I tested it,  run 1 to bulb at rear and 1 to Battery live,  ?

I can just say get to Diff Lock switch, at least I Think its that.  as Ive left tops off seat box until its all sorted. in pic, it has an Earth on it but nothing else, will look for the Black/ Blue where you said, cant remember seeing one though.

IMG_20200508_201135.jpg

Edited by kevin50

Cheers Mate will Tackle those one by one.  On revers switch, if I don't find wires,  Could I just do how I tested it,  run 1 to bulb at rear and 1 to Battery live,  ?

Yes to wiring the reverse lights that way.

& Yes that is the difflock switch. 

26 minutes ago, western said:

Yes to wiring the reverse lights that way.

& Yes that is the difflock switch. 

Thanks. Found this old Pic before it was tidied up, and can see a Black/Blue going up in to  this plug, Could that be the Difflock Switch wire ? will try and follow it tomorrow  

IMG_20190813_173130.jpg

Yes that's it, will travel down the bulkhead face, go along the chassis & should appear as I mentioned under the floor plate, it might only be a short length of wire with a spade terminal on, just extend it to diff lock switch & make sure its secured safely. 

12 minutes ago, western said:

Yes that's it, will travel down the bulkhead face, go along the chassis & should appear as I mentioned under the floor plate, it might only be a short length of wire with a spade terminal on, just extend it to diff lock switch & make sure its secured safely. 

Will have a good look tomorrow. Thanks Again

• Like 1

At this multi plug on engine side of bulkhead, the plain grren with the hook around it is the 12v feed for reverse lights, 

IMG_20200509_134836.jpg

The wires out to reverse switch & lights is the male single connector in chassis loom,

IMG_20200509_134856.jpg

This single male goes to the female in next photo & the single male goes to the plain green in big multiplugs, that should sort your reverse switch & lights. 

IMG_20200509_135012.jpg

For the diff lock wire at bulkhead multplug, it's the thick black/blue trace with the hook around it, then it goes down in chassis loom & appears under right floor plate, then a connecting wire to the terminal on diff lock switch.  Hopefully when connected & ignition on with diff lock selectedthe light will come on, if not you may need to move the vehicle as it will only light when centre diff is fully engaged. 

IMG_20200509_140337.jpg

5 hours ago, western said:

For the diff lock wire at bulkhead multplug, it's the thick black/blue trace with the hook around it, then it goes down in chassis loom & appears under right floor plate, then a connecting wire to the terminal on diff lock switch.  Hopefully when connected & ignition on with diff lock selectedthe light will come on, if not you may need to move the vehicle as it will only light when centre diff is fully engaged. 

Found my Difflock wire, the bloody thing was staring me in the face, it had been taped up on side of Loom, Extended it straight to switch, changed the old earth on it as it was very brittle, Ignition on put in to Difflock and Light worked Perfect. Another Job Done.

Think Ive found 2 of the wires for Reverse But still not sure where they connect, Sorry.  Have arrowed them in pic.

IMG_20200509_130135.jpg

IMG_20200509_141203_LI.jpg

• Like 1

there should be 2 more green/brown coming up from under the vehicle,

the male you have arrowed goes to the female connection of the 2 wires to reverse switch & it's male partner goes into the big multiplug plain green. 

If the other 2 are not there, just run 2 new wires to reverse switch, I'll add a diagram shortly. 

Good find on the diff lock switch wire. 

1 hour ago, western said:

Hopefully this will help. 

IMG_20200509_161123.jpg

Thanks , Think I understand it, Just to rectify I have only fitted 1 Reverse light on the left side, Is that OK  or should there be 2 ?.

So 1 wire from Switch to Green at Multiplug then another from Switch to my Green/Brown  Bullet ?

Please forgive me if that sounds stupid .

IMG_20200508_202425 (2).jpg

Thanks , Think I understand it, Just to rectify I have only fitted 1 Reverse light on the left side, Is that OK  or should there be 2 ?.

So 1 wire from Switch to Green at Multiplug then another from Switch to my Green/Brown  Bullet ?

Please forgive me if that sounds stupid .

not stupid at all, Yes they way you have wired it is fine, :i-m_so_happy:

One reverse light was factory standard for UK/Right hand drive vehicles, other markets that have left hand drive the reverse light is on the other side, but the vehicles were wired so either or both could be fitted, this also applies to the rear fog light I doubled both of mine ages ago. 

There can't be much more wiring to sort out, we must be nearly done ????  :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic

24 minutes ago, western said:

not stupid at all, Yes they way you have wired it is fine, :i-m_so_happy:

One reverse light was factory standard for UK/Right hand drive vehicles, other markets that have left hand drive the reverse light is on the other side, but the vehicles were wired so either or both could be fitted, this also applies to the rear fog light I doubled both of mine ages ago. 

There can't be much more wiring to sort out, we must be nearly done ????  :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic

Fantastic Mate I'll get that done tomorrow. Think you are Right think we are nearly done, apart from a couple of the small bulbs behind the dial's, unless you can think of anything else. Been Dreading this since I started 2 year's ago and you have helped me all the way through it Mate, Can't Thank you Enough.