Dreaded Electrics

31 minutes ago, western said:

have we got the rear fog light working ? can't remember,  yes I think it's nearly there. it's been good fun helping you sort this out, just good fortune that our 110's are almost the same year 

Yes Mate Fog Light working. Yes wires in pics are Identical, wonder where my 2 Brown/ Greens have got too for Reverse, Just Thinking they could be under the tape, might unravel it a bit to see, 

Just remembered something, I have only got the Drivers side Indicator done on the wing as I don't have one for the other side. Will post in the Wanted section someone might have an old one. 

IMG_20200509_102940.jpg

Edited by kevin50

1 minute ago, western said:

yes they could be taped up, would be worth finding out, good on the rear fog light, can't think of anything else to connect.

Forgot about getting them taped up and put out the way can do the back tomorrow  once Reverse is wired , will wait for wing until I find a Repeater. 

Had a little bit of tidy up today at the back, will get them shoved up in there somehow, thought they would of run along top of rear crossmember but cant get up there for Tank, just felt with my hands though will get under and have a good look.

IMG_20200510_190830.jpg

6 minutes ago, western said:

Might be able to push it up & put a couple of cable tywraps around it secure it to the crossmember. 

What's left in the hanging wires to the right in your photo

Sorry I meant to write colours down but forgot, I think most were identified earlier as not needed, but will get proper colours tomorrow.  might see better in this pic 

One thing I noticed in Diagram that we did miss is Number plate Light, which is Red/Black, think it is same as Side lights  so can I just splice into that one at rear when Im ready for it ? as there is only the one Red/Black there, connected to side lights. 

IMG_20200510_190820 (2).jpg

Yes red,/black is for side & tail lights for number plate light just join into it, the other wire at number plate light goes to earth. 

Yes think we sorted the right hand lights,  the plain purple will be a 12v live feed so make sure that has a female bullet connector fitted, to prevent any electrical short circuits. 

3 minutes ago, western said:

Yes red,/black is for side & tail lights for number plate light just join into it, the other wire at number plate light goes to earth. 

Yes think we sorted the right hand lights,  the plain purple will be a 12v live feed so make sure that has a female bullet connector fitted, to prevent any electrical short circuits. 

Thanks Mate

• Like 1

For rear wash & wiper --- 

red/light green, brown/light green, plain green, 

right rear fog light --

red/yellow

rear heated screen ---

black/white to one terminal on rear screen

plain black to earth at rear screen frame.

Can you confirm the wire colours on the wire marked with red ?  I think it's White/slate grey trace is so that is the low fuel light wire.

1640652607_IMG_20200510_190820(2).thumb.jpg.dc9c08a98dc751f89a750152d03fc98b.jpg

11 minutes ago, western said:

For rear wash & wiper --- 

red/light green, brown/light green, plain green, 

right rear fog light --

red/yellow

rear heated screen ---

black/white to one terminal on rear screen

plain black to earth at rear screen frame.

Can you confirm the wire colours on the wire marked with red ?  I think it's White/slate grey trace is so that is the low fuel light wire.

1640652607_IMG_20200510_190820(2).thumb.jpg.dc9c08a98dc751f89a750152d03fc98b.jpg

Thanks Again Mate, will wait until  I fit rear door for those.  Wire marked in Red is Purple/white If you remember it was joined to plug with  2 others, White/Slate, and cant remember the other but they both went to Tank.

2 minutes ago, kevin50 said:

IIRC that can be used for a rear interior light, will check on my 110 tomorrow. 

Cheers Mate

bin that last thought, it's for in tank fuel pump on petrol vehicles, so not needed on your diesel. just terminate it & tape it to the loom 

I forgot we mentioned it earlier ---- 

the white/purple wire is for petrol vehicles with a in tank pump not required on your vehicle,

• 1 month later...

Still got one or two wires left from this, Got side-tracked with other problems., so trying to get this wrapped up.

One thing I thought about was the Glow plug warning light on dash, mine does not light up, I think its the thick Black/ Yellow that connects each Glow Plug in engine bay. I have these in place but they don't go anywhere else, Cant find a B/Y going in to bulk head end.  Should there Be ?

On 6/17/2020 at 7:47 PM, western said:

Hope these help, a glow plug loom & relay can be obtained from Autosparks. 

IMG_20200617_194236.jpg

IMG_20200617_194501.jpg

IMG_20200617_194606.jpg

Sorry not to get back to this sooner , got side tracked again.

Anyway found this on Disco , not sure if it works as the PO Mentioned something about not getting heat to plugs, but will try it.

It is at front of engine bay in Disco, the wire goes down in to Other Loom but there is a thick wire coming from the end Plug nearest bulkhead not sure where that goes, but Im sure if this Relay works there will be a way to set it up on my Defender. 

IMG_20200623_190654.jpg

Been doing a bit more research on this. the Origional engine was 2.5na, which did not have Relay. I now have a 300tdi conversion. Will I Need this set up ?, or should it work the 2.5 way  whilst turning the key slightly until heat light comes on.?