Diagnostics - Which one these days?

I've been doing a bit of reading on LR specific diagnostics recently as I've got a D2 on the horizon. Nanocom seems to be the go-to these days, is that right? Able to buy it for a specifica vehicle and then expand with other unlock codes as needed.

So who's got what and how do you find it? Are there things yours will/wont do? I read Hawkeye won't do EAS?

I've had a search through the forum and found threads from ~2010 and 2013 so there's a chance things have moved on from then! Thanks in advance all! :D

I also went with Nanocom and am very happy with it, there is a wealth of PDF downloads on the Nanocom website and a useful forum if you get stuck. The main reason for opting for Nanocom over some of the others brands was that an unlock code covers a model of vehicle rather than a specific vehicle, this meant one license covered the whole fleet of 2.2 pumas at work and then I just added a 2nd one for my TD5 and another for a D4. It may well be that newer diagnostic machines by other suppliers are more capable now and the Nanocom does feel quite clunky to use but it's 7 years old and still works perfectly. Worth mentioning that software updates are free to download also.

BBS did/do offer group discounts if you can find a load of other people that are also looking to buy one. 

A bit late now but I have a Launch X431 Pad II, there are also other versions not as expensive but obviously do less

https://www.diagnostics4u.com/prod/231/launch-x431-pad-ii-pro-diagnostics

I can get into every system on my 2010 L322, calibrate the suspension etc. What it can't do is get into the CCF files which you can do on a Nanocam I think?

However , instead of being make specific or even model/individual vehicle specific it covers a huge range. European, American and Asian. There are makes covered I have never even heard of. I have used it for everything from the mundane coding of injectors on transits to diagnosing injection issues on an american F150. It was a huge upgrade to the snap on modis it replaced and is backwards compatible with old models too as it came with all of the common (and some not so common) older pre OBDII leads. It also reads live data and has an excellent function where you can select data streams and add them to a graph which you can the record and save. That has helped me dianose a number of odd faults