ARB air fittings

darthdicky

Just bought one of these air gauges https://gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/product/arb-air-gauge-arb605/ to blow up my tyres, but have found it uses the ARB type fitting which isn’t compatible with the PCL XF ones I have in the garage. It fits nicely on the extension hose which fits the compressor on the car, but 90% of my use is in the garage and it’s a pain getting a different hose out and running the little ARB compressor for that.

Having had a good look around, I’m stumped as to what connector ARB use and more importantly where I can buy one? I think I just need a bit of hose which goes from XF male to ARB female, but where can I get one?

Annoyingly I have one here, I just need another!

6F05A377-A7DF-4452-BDB0-B7BC0FC6F6A2.jpeg

4ED65044-23BF-45EE-8CE1-A2CFB8B52EA7.jpeg

799D9F66-D324-4E7C-B35E-DAF8336BB182.jpeg

2 hours ago, darthdicky said:

Just bought one of these air gauges https://gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/product/arb-air-gauge-arb605/ to blow up my tyres, but have found it uses the ARB type fitting which isn’t compatible with the PCL XF ones I have in the garage. It fits nicely on the extension hose which fits the compressor on the car, but 90% of my use is in the garage and it’s a pain getting a different hose out and running the little ARB compressor for that.

Having had a good look around, I’m stumped as to what connector ARB use and more importantly where I can buy one? I think I just need a bit of hose which goes from XF male to ARB female, but where can I get one?

Annoyingly I have one here, I just need another!

6F05A377-A7DF-4452-BDB0-B7BC0FC6F6A2.jpeg

4ED65044-23BF-45EE-8CE1-A2CFB8B52EA7.jpeg

799D9F66-D324-4E7C-B35E-DAF8336BB182.jpeg

Have you got some dimensions as fittings have changed over the years top fitting is off my ARB air line circa 25yrs old bottom is a fitting similar to yours if it's any good pm me your address and I'll post it on Monday regards Stephen 

20201107_152241.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Found the answer here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic57766.html?highlight=arb+air+fitting

Should be any one of these:

US "Industrial standard"
ISO 6150 B
Rectus series 23/24/1400
Tema series 1400
Legris series 23
Norgren Dynaquip D3
Hanson 3000
CEJN 310
US.MIL.C 4109
Norma / AFNOR: NF.E49.053
Parker Rectus Tema Series 23KA
Aignep 220
Norgren series 237
Gromelle series 600
PCL ISO B12

However, as pointed out in that thread they tend to be really expensive so I've swapped the connector on the gauge to a PCL XF one. That matches everything else I have (not easy to get it apart, I thought I was going to break the gauge!) and will probably fit another female XF end to the extension I have in the vehicle, or use the one that came off with a PCL female-female connector to make an adaptor - which may have been what Mo was suggesting earlier that I couldn't get my head around!

Rich