Differential Lockers

On 5/17/2021 at 2:31 AM, Sigi_H said:

I like to go up steep hills in reverse. If you get stuck, it is easy to go down forwards without the risk of coming sideways and roll. So for me my front locker is the right choice even in this case 👍🙂

My CVs and shafts in the front are Tibus parts. This and the pegged Ashcroft 100% locker have improved the entire front axle for sure. I hope it is now as strong as the Salisbury in the rear.

I totally agree with your reasoning for your needs.

as far as differentials go, hemisphere, side gear strength etc, a built Rover will never be as strong as a stock Salisbury. As much as some gurus bang on about the main difference is the cross pin and it being 4 planet gears instead of 2, it’s that but mostly combined with shear size. Then not only is the crown wheel and pinion much bigger, the Sals is a better design as far as strength is concerned. 

This does not take away from the improvements you have made to your front assembly. 

On 5/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, ashtrans said:

We decided to make some about a month ago, will be available in about 3-4 months,

Fantastic!  I was looking at the Quaife otherwise, as I want as close a match as possible to one of yours in the front.  I presume it’ll have the six scroll gears per side like your existing type and the Quaife.

Is it a limited run, or will it be available long term like most of your range?  Any idea on price yet, and would a Dana60 4.1 gear set fit it?  If not, I’ll have to keep my 4.71 set and beg you for a spacer ring! 

• Like 1