UFO identification help needed

11 hours ago, chuff said:

Bolt goes through it and holds the shackle bracket to the chassis. 

No spring shackles on a 90,110. 

Nope its for the alternator adjuster link to engine block on a Defender spec 200tdi. As in the replies above. 

4 minutes ago, western said:

No spring shackles on a 90,110. 

Nope its for the alternator adjuster link to engine block on a Defender spec 200tdi. As in the replies above. 

Unless I've missed something, it could be from anything, not necessarily the OPs vehicle. The centre bore to outside diameter ratio certainly looks different to the part you posted up Ralph.

OP is back :) Not certain I still have the part but I don't think it's from my vehicle after all, I will check the alternator adjuster link on the verhicle later today to see if it's still there. They sure do look the same and it's a very good guess so thank you everyone.

• Like 1

If you do have it so measurements would be good, 

If your alternator link is missing this bit then it would trash the belt, mine also hit all 7 fan blades on departure from the engine, so decided to replace the fan & viscous coupling as well. 

On 6/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, Landy7 said:

OP is back :) Not certain I still have the part but I don't think it's from my vehicle after all, I will check the alternator adjuster link on the verhicle later today to see if it's still there. They sure do look the same and it's a very good guess so thank you everyone.

Have you looked at the alternator adjuster link to block attachment? 

11 hours ago, western said:

Have you looked at the alternator adjuster link to block attachment? 

Yes, but I'm not sure what you mean with "adjuster link to block attachment", here's a picture of my alternator, be aware it's a 200tdi from a disco. You mean the red arrow? That's a fixed part on mine.

I've also measured the spacer I've found and its 4cm long en 2.5cm thick so it's bigger and longer then your ERC7974.

IMG_9697.jpg

Not from your engine then.

Different to the Defender spec 200Tdi, so that spacer bit is NOT what we thought, must be from another vehicle/trailer. 

We thought it was the spacer between the engine block & adjuster as shown in the yellow circle below

WP_20171103_15_54_39_Pro.jpg.bc5bc9595331a33245ce7c8fc77aea05~2.jpg

1 hour ago, Escape said:

That's what Colin Chapman used to get one of his early racecars through scrutineering. The cockpit was too narrow by a few mm, but a custom ruler solved the issue. 🙂

Friend of mine was in a race team trying to pass noise regs at a track, they realised they had no hope - until someone had the bright idea of switching the rev counter to the wrong number of cylinders so the engine was running at half the indicated RPM required for the test :lol:

Got to love a little creative thinking in racing :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/11/2022 at 12:01 AM, Troll Hunter said:

A variable pitch is too restrictive so they've progressed from there.  They now do elasticated rules so it can show whatever dimension is required.

Mike

Dont! - I worked for a company who's Foreman/Manager set out the dwarf wall for a newbuild Oak Barn using his dads linen tape  (that had been left out in the rain)  Guess what??  

• Haha 1