Series 3 gear lever isolator ring

If by isolator bush you mean the 'thing' at the very bottom of the gear lever, that engages in the selectors, I'm pretty sure that was never available from LR as a separate item, they clearly intended that you buy a complete new gear lever.

It's possible that an after-market supplier like Charlesworth Mouldings, or HNJ Engineering, have designed and marketed the item, but I'd be surprised.

Regards.

Sorry, not me.  I did change from the o-ring type to the type with the bigger green isolator, and that lasted a while, but it tore and jammed the lever.  I need a new isolator or will have to refit the old stick, ideally with a PU o-ring in place of a rubber one.  I’ll be following this thread.

3 hours ago, oneandtwo said:

The generic pattern replacement s3 gearstick is about £15 and comes with the latest type isolator, I have had one for four years in use and it is excellent, zero rattles in use.

Just checked on Britcar and the Bearmach option is only £10 so will order one . 

There are bigger problems than just the gear lever however , the syncro's are worn on 1st and 2nd and 3rd/4th not far behind . I drained the oil yesterday and 2 of the 3 plate springs for 3-4 hub came out - one chewed into pieces . The oil had more brass particles in than I've ever seen so it's looking like a full strip and rebuild .

Steve