O/T Some things you just can't get away from

reads90

Ok i am sat in front of the tv having dinner watching the scrap heap challenge with Simon Buck as the judge/expert

If it was not for the sake that i am sweeting my B******ks off i would have thought i was in the UK :)

Funny as well as the chap at work told me today that a new seris of scrap heap challenge was on tonight. mmm new mmm about 3-4 years old :)

Scrap heap challenge is like the A-team build something out of nothing

except for all the vital components the "Experts" have asked to be planted within the scrapyard :D

I've never been to a scrap yard where they give you a quad and trailer to bomb around and nick stiff on...

I have never been to a scrap yard where you can find 4 brand new 66 inch diameter Agricultural tyres complete with rims that bolt on perfectly to the Rockwell 2 1/2 ton diffs that you also found to build a ''Monster Truck''.from junk. Or was that on a similar show by another name?

Bill.

Some of it is a bit too "convenient" at times, but then given a complete kit of parts and a sack of spanners how many of us could build something that would fly in two days?

I mean look how long it takes some people to build a Land Rover, even with a complete vehicle to start from :ph34r:

Some of it is a bit too "convenient" at times, but then given a complete kit of parts and a sack of spanners how many of us could build something that would fly in two days?

But I seem to remember that the first series or two involved making 'sensible' stuff out of scrap rather than extreme stuff out of planted goodies ...

For me it's gone downhill, though the barbed wire necklace (and support) certainly had something going for it ... :rolleyes:

AndyG