Going back to std front seats

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

When i was restoring my 2a over 4 yrs ago i replaced the wornout front seats with Defender ones but referbished them before fitting using the Britpart seat kits and they was great for about a year of use but have slowly lost thier stifness so have decided to go back to new std front seats but have a cubby box fitted, can i still use my cubby box with the std seats :)

2 hours ago, Anderzander said:

Good choice I think. I have seen a series with series seats and a cub in the centre. So I would think you can keep it.

I used to have that arrangement before fitting Defender seats (arguably, they are late SIII County seats in Defender colours 😜).  No mods necessary.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:52 AM, Snagger said:

I used to have that arrangement before fitting Defender seats (arguably, they are late SIII County seats in Defender colours 😜).  No mods necessary.

So other than the fabric are the cloth seats made the same as the PVC seats as my Defender seats are cloth ones :)

late SIII Counties used seats identical to Defenders with the brown vinyl and brown/beige cloth.  I think they may have had different feet on the base rails, with two side-by-side bolts per foot instead of one.  Ironically, the single bolt pattern fits older SII and SIII seat bases without drilling, but the double-bolted type would need additional holes.  They may also have used the “Caviar” cloth, with was a pale grey patterned cloth with dark grey vinyl.

553F5947-8AE5-4538-A13B-2A3D59AC9C2F.png

3 minutes ago, Snagger said:

late SIII Counties used seats identical to Defenders with the brown vinyl and brown/beige cloth.  I think they may have had different feet on the base rails, with two side-by-side bolts per foot instead of one.  Ironically, the single bolt pattern fits older SII and SIII seat bases without drilling, but the double-bolted type would need additional holes.  They may also have used the “Caviar” cloth, with was a pale grey patterned cloth with dark grey vinyl.

553F5947-8AE5-4538-A13B-2A3D59AC9C2F.png

Are right ok yeah i'm fitting the older style series ones but mite go cloth instead of PVC ones :)

The late series standard adjustable drivers seat had the two bolt fixings for the rails. The 110 seats just drop in.

I can't recall for the passenger side if they were drilled and ignored, might be in my thread "stories of oakie".

• 2 weeks later...