Acrow prop trench strut axle stands

Gazzar

On 1/8/2023 at 11:36 AM, Gazzar said:

This is the bit that bothers me a bit.

IMG_20230108_111810.thumb.jpg.5aefcc5370a5e030a2a2d4a8df22bfc3.jpg

I think I'll stick another piece of steel over that. Might hide the rough welding a bit, too.

Dare I say it those welds don't look hot enough :ph34r:

Dare away, there was a gap between the box and the thread, so I built up with weld.  It's the weakest part of the structure, but as the pressure/ strength requirement is compression I think it's okay. Doing it again, I'd make the step bigger, though.

I like the look of these,I think you have done a good job. I was looking to make something similar using just box section and pins, but the prop looks a good idea 

One of the things that I considered was making the base from a defender disk brake and making a plate with the same PCD welded to the prop (from 10mm steel) so that I could remove the base for storage.  I ended up using my existing axle stands so didn't end up doing them, but my thoughts were the surface area of the disk would actually stop them digging in.

What will be the minimum and maximum height of these?

• Like 1

Thanks!

I'll measure them tonight. They were "designed" by placing under the chassis and building around that, so no measurements.

I bought new props, but I'm sure they can be picked up cheaper, avoid galvanised, for obvious reasons.