Men Behaving Badly meets Steptoe and Son.

Simon_CSK

This is great. Seems I am normal after all. One of my ex neighbours was appalled just because I had the Mini Digger parked in the dining room. I didnt want to leave it outside in case it was nicked.

I have just finished painting some brackets for a tractor in the lobby, not allowed to paint in the kitchen now because some dripped onto the washing in a basket.

There is vehicle related stuff everywhere indoors here, except for the bathroom. There are a pair of nearly new windowless side panels for a 90 in our bedroom, along with a brand new seatbox. Stuff on the dining table too. I really must get rid of some stuff, but just cannot bring myself to do it. Yet.

Luckily, SWMBO has horsey stuff around too. Very annoying as it makes the place look untidy.

Where I lived before, some neighbours got a petition up against my "car repair business". A man from the council came round about this, but after him telling me I couldn't do this from a domestic dwelling, blah blah, I said to him that if he would like to check with DVLA, he will find that all the vehicles here were registered to me, and had been for some time ! He closed his book, and went away. Turned out that this petition was instigated by a neighbour because I refused to weld up his wife's car.

When I was in the furniture business, I went into many homes that had no sign of human habitation. No boots or coats, no paperwork in sight, nothing at all on kitchen worktops etc. To me, this is not normal. I dont know how they do it. I can only conclude that have very dull lives.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smallfry said:

When I was in the furniture business, I went into many homes that had no sign of human habitation. No boots or coats, no paperwork in sight, nothing at all on kitchen worktops etc. To me, this is not normal. I dont know how they do it. I can only conclude that have very dull lives.

Amen to that - sign of a sick mind I think!

• Like 4

Or, worse, to think with.

Though at three in morning, I wish I could think a lot less. Designing forges/ repair panels/ God knows what in my head....

Work space, and eating at the desk... Busy at work.

IMG_20230202_192701.jpg

9 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Amen to that - sign of a sick mind I think!

My Brother in Law says having Land Rovers is a sickness. 

He says that I am mad because I am making some weld in wheel adaptors for a tractor in order to use different size, and different make wheels.

This is while he has a Disco chassis upside down, changing all the rear suspension and axles to a twin spring setup to increase the load capacity, as it is to become a Disco Hi Cap tipping pickup !!!! 

6 minutes ago, Gazzar said:

Though at three in morning, I wish I could think a lot less. Designing forges/ repair panels/ God knows what in my head....

IMG_20230202_192701.jpg

The only thing I see thats wrong in your photo, is the Tomato Ketchup. Yuk ! 

On 2/2/2023 at 12:12 AM, smallfry said:

I'm an Architect and mostly do house extensions and new build houses. Quite often people say " sorry about the mess" my reply is that it isn't a mess that they should see my house 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:26 PM, Gazzar said:

IMG_20230202_192701.jpg

That desk is tidy, I will post a photo of my desk by comparison.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

An update.

The house was cleaned, ( everything was dumped into the conservatory) but the kitchen, bedroom and living room were all stripped of junk and car parts. My wife arrived 2 weeks ago and now the house is as untidy as ever as we have no space to put her "stuff" away and we are buying more stuff to beautify the house.

Also two cats have arrived and with my dog it is very much like Tom and Jerry trying to get them to settle down together.

My new job is to try and clear out some of my car bits. I need to reduce my fleet.

• Like 1