Series 2 "Restomod"?

On 12/25/2023 at 8:16 PM, TD5toV8110 said:

It's cool that your uncle gets to see you enjoy/improve your inheritance!

You can take him mud plugging when it's fixed!

Post pix here.

Cheers

Dave

Once collected and back at my lockup, I'll get the photos up ASAP! He is defo.up for seeing my improvements. He kept the body deliberately tatty to stop it getting nicked and I always moaned about it so he is already expecting big things from that front haha 

With regards to us mud plugging, I threw out that idea and was told that he had no intention of throwing it about in anger off road again and even less intenion on being a passenger while i do so. He had enough of trying to teach me to off road in my early (and late) teens. He says if i've not got the hang of it now, theres no hope 😂. He does however enjoy a bit of towing and said if I'm ever doing any big tow job, he'd be happy to accompany me and even take the wheel if the opportunity arose so I will need to find reasons to tow the odd thing haha. 

But i do plan on taking my own wee one mud plugging like he did me! So memories to be made yet! 

Edited by Stinkfloyd
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, miketomcat said:

New thread required me thinks.

:rtfm: :stirthepot:

Mike

Bittersweet end to this thread but there will 100% be a new thread 😁 and possibly even make it to the odd meetup as this only really needs a gearbox and its good to go!

Tried my luck on a few forums in the past and found them to be full of exercisers. Stellaghost convinced me to post on this one and assured me this was not the case.. I hate to tell him he's right... but he's right. Good bunch of people and I'm quite looking forward to sticking about. 

Edited by Stinkfloyd
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stinkfloyd said:

Bittersweet end to this thread but there will 100% be a new thread 😁 and possibly even make it to the odd meetup as this only really needs a gearbox and its good to go!

Tried my luck on a few forums in the past and found them to be full of exercisers. Stellaghost convinced me to post on this one and assured me this was not the case.. I hate to tell him he's right... but he's right. Good bunch of people and I'm quite looking forward to sticking about. 

Cool, see you at seven sisters next year!

Daan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stinkfloyd said:

Roughly what dares is that? It could be a possibility!!

June / July ish there used to be one September / October ish, however that did not happen last year due to ground damage, no guarantees it will happen next year either..

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

June / July ish there used to be one September / October ish, however that did not happen last year due to ground damage, no guarantees it will happen next year either..

Regards Stephen

June/July is definitely a realistic timescale 😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Evening all, 

Given that the series 2 is now away to a new home (and being lovingly restored as we speak!) I have now taken delivery of my defender and thought I'd share some photos on here.. unfortunately the forum doesn't like the size of the images on my phone. So here is the only photo I can get to fit the requirements 😁

I will start a new thread for the defender as there will be plenty happening to it but a slightly different route to what I had planned for the series!! 

IMG-20240322-WA0001.jpg

Edited by Stinkfloyd
  • Like 2