Fitting a Hybrid turbo and Mamba actuator kit

Cornish Rattler

1 hour ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Sorry i'm old school and not sure how to do links ☺️

But basicly a Falcon hybrid turbo with Mamba actuator kit comes with loads of different springs and rods 

Go to the webpage of the item, click in the address bar so that it highlights the url and copy it. Return here and just paste it. Right mouse click will give the copy and paste options. :)

On 12/13/2023 at 9:48 AM, Nonimouse said:

A 200 usually boosts to .8 bar from the factory. It's possible to get over 2bar from the OE set up, but 1.4 was always deemed a safe max. Rather than an exploded lump, you'll usually just get a blown head gasket, or if your injectors are dribbling, a melted piston

a 200 is 12 psi, or 0.83 bar

a 300 is 12.5 psi, or 0.86 bar

a 300 auto is 15 psi, or 1.03 bar.

So I'd say 15 psi or 1.03 is the highest that Land rover approves and will be save to use on a TDI. This is what I run, and that works very well with it.

Very important is also the inlet temp after inter cooler, if this temperature is too high, the gains are a case of diminishing returns, and also give high EGTs.

3 hours ago, Daan said:

a 200 is 12 psi, or 0.83 bar

a 300 is 12.5 psi, or 0.86 bar

a 300 auto is 15 psi, or 1.03 bar.

So I'd say 15 psi or 1.03 is the highest that Land rover approves and will be save to use on a TDI. This is what I run, and that works very well with it.

Very important is also the inlet temp after inter cooler, if this temperature is too high, the gains are a case of diminishing returns, and also give high EGTs.

It's interesting just how many vehicles either came from the factory with the boost set low, or that have had the boost messed with and are running lower 

Got to giving it a decent road test did about 40 miles out in the country climbing steep hills and stuff and it just performed great, boosts at 1.4 but couldn't read the EGT gauge very well as for some reason the gauge is lite up blue with an orange needle but for some reason the needle wouldn't light up so need to sort that now 😩