Fitting a Hybrid turbo and Mamba actuator kit

Cornish Rattler

55 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

No (well, negligible....) pulses true, but most of them produce LT76 destroying levels of torque without even blinking an eye.

You’d get away with a Hyper 9 or Leaf motor, but not much more.  Sorry for dragging the discussion off topic.

18 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

No (well, negligible....) pulses true, but most of them produce LT76 destroying levels of torque without even blinking an eye.

But you can just dial it down in the configuration for a happy gearbox and likely still very good performance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

A bit like having a V8 and ensuring you only ever get 1/4 throttle 😛 

Not exactly - many modern cars limit torque in certain gears, and you can avoid shock loads like clutch dumps which makes everything kinder for the transmission.

Given the smooth continuous power of an electric motor compared to the lumpy torque of an IC, it's likely you'd be able to transmit a LOT more actual useful power through any given gearbox than you otherwise could, even if you had to add some protection / limits.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 1:36 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Not exactly - many modern cars limit torque in certain gears, and you can avoid shock loads like clutch dumps which makes everything kinder for the transmission.

Given the smooth continuous power of an electric motor compared to the lumpy torque of an IC, it's likely you'd be able to transmit a LOT more actual useful power through any given gearbox than you otherwise could, even if you had to add some protection / limits.

Hopfully if everything goes ok i should be testing it all at the weekend 😃

• Like 2

I wish this weather would go away as its been to cold to work in there so although the engine is back in now i still need to fit everything back in place, can't use my log burner as my Son's motorbike is parked right across the front of it and can't move it anywhere else whilst the landy is in there and didn't have anywhere else to put it 😟

I bought an electric patio heater on offer from Morrisons, £29 / 2kw, mounted it on an old monitor arm on the garage wall so it can be pointed to shine down at me wherever I'm stood - even on low setting it's enough to take the edge off in a frosty workshop. Doesn't cost much electric to run.

• Like 1

A 200 usually boosts to .8 bar from the factory. It's possible to get over 2bar from the OE set up, but 1.4 was always deemed a safe max. Rather than an exploded lump, you'll usually just get a blown head gasket, or if your injectors are dribbling, a melted piston

1 hour ago, Gazzar said:

Would an exhaust gas temperatures gauge be of benefit in this installation?

Absolutely. A must have. I'd suggest that any deliberate upward variation in the turbo pressure requires one, so you can adjust the fuelling to suit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazzar said:

Would an exhaust gas temperatures gauge be of benefit in this installation?

Got one but didn't really get chance to look at it in traffic the other day but will take it on a run over the weekend and see what it reads 👍

Edited by Cornish Rattler

On 12/11/2023 at 1:16 PM, Cornish Rattler said:

Managed to give it a road test yesterday and wow what a difference the hybrid turbo and Mamba actuator kit has made, not had it on the Mway yet but it will easily boost to 1.4 so hopfully will boost more on the Mway 🙂

So what did you actually fit in the end? Can you post a link to the items?