Twin vs single shock

o_teunico

Hi all! 

My poor 88" needs new shock absorbers. It's already on parabolics.

Really can't decide what to do...not taking in account needed hardware modifications and beeing in the same budget...should I go for good quality single shock or better take the "blue kwality" cheapo option but with twin shock per wheel?

TIA

Twin shocks on a Series? Do you have custom mounts?

You say parabolic suspension. Is it setup for flex or hauling? Have you gained any travel?

What do you plan to use the vehicle for?

I had custom upper mounts and some other mods at the front on my 88. I spoke with Llama 4x4 (David) and he set me up with some Rough Country shocks, which worked really well. But you’ll have to speak to him and see if he has anything suitable for your setup. 

It's a Santana, parabolics came fitted from factory back in 1983. Used for light off road.

After a rotten chassis rebuild, I lost front anti roll bar (no mounts in new chassis), but I maintain the bar mount in axle, so I thought about using that mount for a second shock. Same in rear, no mount for bar in chassis but spare mount in axle.

Screenshot_20240802-005639.png

Sus-363~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240802-010606~2.png

Edited by o_teunico

I also have the Britpart Celluar Dynamic shocks. Although not on a leader. For the money I think they are good. For me they replaced some Pro Comps I had (can’t recall which variant). The park Comps were lovely and soft, esp on rough ground. But gave the vehicle a lot of roll on road. 

The Celluar Dynamics are much firmer. They still flex well off road, but driving over a stumble field isn’t as compliant. On road the ride is firmer but quite acceptable. They aren’t uncomfortable, just firmer. But they have transformed the handling massively reducing lean. My brother and Uncle also have the Celluar Dynamic shocks and all comment how good they are for towing. 

For the money I’d say they are a very good shock. But no idea what lengths are available for a Series.