Is it possible to weld a hole in the roof of my 1986 110?

there was a shaped bit of wood in the rear of the landy possibly holding up the rear head lining,

when I removed it it was screwed thu the roof from the outside so want to make it water tight. 

You can weld it with mapp torch and aluminium brazing rods, plenty you tube videos on how to do it, you could also use chemical metal such as plastic padding products to seal it, flatten back and touch up. The latter being the easiest solution, if your going to heat weld it you will need a bigger area of clean material and thus a bigger cover up job afterwards

Regards Stephen

Interesting to see those pics Simon. My car was an ‘airfield ops’ vehicle, with aerial holes and power for lights etc. They didn’t make too many holes, but the ‘ugly mastic spread’ is almost a carbon copy. I’ve never touched it, but I think the time is approaching when I’ll need to look at this.

What are those plastic plugs called? What’s their purpose? Any kind of link? Would appreciate that.

I had thought of getting some old panel aluminium, cutting a suitable piece, feathering the edge, and then bonding into place where I have a small cluster of holes, but perhaps those plugs might be a solution where there’s an isolated one.