Ineos Halts Grenadier Production, Possibly Until 2025?

Not sure of the accuracy of this report in The Autodrive?

https://autodrive.com.bd/posts/ineos-halts-grenadier-production-possibly-until-2025

In a public statement, Ineos acknowledged the headache: "Our production at Hambach has encountered a critical component shortage beyond our control, causing a pause in our production schedule." Not ideal for an automaker with ambitious goals and strong momentum.

I read an article saying it is due to a third party manufacturer of some plastic trim parts having financial issues and Ineos trying to help them weather their storm, but that seems a peculiar business choice.  Maybe it would take longer to transfer production to another contractor and they thing the existing contractor’s problems can be solved quicker.

• Confused 1

Yeah, the Telegraph had a lengthy article, as suggested, a supplier was going through pre-administration process meaning supply was affected, suggestion was that it could be a major part like the dashboard, which is not that easy to change to a different supplier for.

If I were Jim I'd just buy them.

• Like 1

It’s Recaro, they make the seats and went into administration recently.

Type approving in terms of crash safety with a replacement seat will take a bit of time, hence the lengthy pause in production. They’re not exactly flying off the forecourts so I’m sure they’ll manage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Retroanaconda said:

It’s Recaro, they make the seats and went into administration recently.

Type approving in terms of crash safety with a replacement seat will take a bit of time, hence the lengthy pause in production. They’re not exactly flying off the forecourts so I’m sure they’ll manage. 

That makes sense.